Cannot install plexpy - keep on getting "git: Command not found"

Status
Not open for further replies.

traderjay

Explorer
I am running the latest version of FreeNAS 9.3 and tried to install plexpy following the instructions posted here

I encountered the following errors after entering the first command:

Code:
pkg install python2 databases/py-sqlite3 security/py-openssl security/ca_root_nss git
Installing p5-Digest-HMAC: 1.03                                       
        Installing p5-Net-SSLeay: 1.63                                        
        Installing p5-Socket: 2.014                                           
        Installing p5-IO-Socket-IP: 0.29                                      
        Installing p5-Error: 0.17022                                          
        Installing cvsps: 2.1_1                                               
        Installing p5-MIME-Base64: 3.14                                       
        Installing py27-sqlite3: 2.7.6_3                                      
        Installing py27-cffi: 0.8.2                                           
        Installing p5-Authen-SASL: 2.16                                       
        Installing p5-IO-Socket-SSL: 1.992                                    
        Installing py27-cryptography: 0.2.2_1                                 
        Installing p5-Net-SMTP-SSL: 1.01_2                                    
        Installing py27-openssl: 0.14                                         
        Installing git: 2.0.0                                                 

The installation will require 187 MB more space                               

4 MB to be downloaded                                                         

Proceed with installing packages [y/N]: y                                     
pkg: http://pkg.FreeBSD.org/freebsd:9:x86:64/latest/All/sqlite3-3.8.4.3.txz: Not Found

and then the following

Code:
root@Plexpy:/ # cd /usr/local/share/                                          
root@Plexpy:/usr/local/share # sudo git clone https://github.com/drzoidberg33/pl
expy.git                                                                      
sudo: Command not found.                                                      
root@Plexpy:/usr/local/share #   

What am I doing wrong :(

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer
sudo isnt installed with freebsd by default

you're running your commands as root so it's pointless to use sudo

traderjay

Explorer
Hi Joshua - thank you for the reply but even without sudo I am still getting the same error - "sudo: Command not found"

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer
Hi Joshua - thank you for the reply but even without sudo I am still getting the same error - "sudo: Command not found"
you ran the git clone command without sudo?

traderjay

Explorer
you ran the git clone command without sudo?

This is what I ran:

Code:
root@Plexpy:/usr/local/share # git clone https://github.com/drzoidberg33/plexpy.git                                                                           
git: Command not found.                                                       

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer
This is what I ran:

Code:
root@Plexpy:/usr/local/share # git clone https://github.com/drzoidberg33/plexpy.git                                                                          

you just told me your error was sudo not found, but you show me git not found...
install git

pkg install git

traderjay

Explorer
you just told me your error was sudo not found, but you show me git not found...
install git

pkg install git

Sorry for the confusion, I errenously copied pasted the wrong code. It was always "git: command not found".

Here is what I am getting after running pkg install git:

Code:
root@Plexpy:/ #  pkg install git                                                                                                   
Updating repository catalogue                                                                                                      
The following 12 packages will be installed:                                                                                       

Installing p5-GSSAPI: 0.28                                                                                                 

The installation will require 181 MB more space                                                                                    

3 MB to be downloaded                                                                                                              

pkg: http://pkg.FreeBSD.org/freebsd:9:x86:64/latest/All/p5-GSSAPI-0.28.txz: Not Found                                              
root@Plexpy:/ #                                                                                                                    

The same error came back:

Code:

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer
Sorry for the confusion, I errenously copied pasted the wrong code. It was always "git: command not found".

Here is what I am getting after running pkg install git:

Code:
root@Plexpy:/ #  pkg install git                                                                                                  
Updating repository catalogue                                                                                                     
The following 12 packages will be installed:                                                                                      

Installing p5-GSSAPI: 0.28                                                                                                

The installation will require 181 MB more space                                                                                   

3 MB to be downloaded                                                                                                             

pkg: http://pkg.FreeBSD.org/freebsd:9:x86:64/latest/All/p5-GSSAPI-0.28.txz: Not Found                                             
root@Plexpy:/ #                                                                                                                   

The same error came back:

Code:
installing git failed, a specific package might not be available from the package server at the moment. you could compile that one from ports, or manually install an older version of the package from that or a different package server.

SweetAndLow

Sweet'NASty
Instead of doing a git clone you can always just download the repository source as a zip file. Then you can extract it and install it how it needs to be.

traderjay

Explorer
thanks again for the help - this is my first foray into freenas/freeBSD so I really have no clue on how to install the repository ZIP file into the freenas jail w/o breaking everything...

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer

danb35

Hall of Famer
Before going crazy, try a 'pkg update' to see if there's just old information hanging around in your jail. Then try 'pkg install git' again.

traderjay

Explorer
Before going crazy, try a 'pkg update' to see if there's just old information hanging around in your jail. Then try 'pkg install git' again.
Tried this but getting same error :( Will try Joshua's other method

traderjay

Explorer
Hey Joshua - should input the following (based on step 2 -4 from your other thread):

1. fetch --no-verify-peer "https://github.com/drzoidberg33/plexpy.git"
  2. tar xzf plexpy.git
  3. mv plexpy.git /usr/local/share/
  4. chmod 777 plexpy
  5. rm plexpy.git

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer
Hey Joshua - should input the following (based on step 2 -4 from your other thread):

1. fetch --no-verify-peer "https://github.com/drzoidberg33/plexpy.git"
  2. tar xzf plexpy.git
  3. mv plexpy.git /usr/local/share/
  4. chmod 777 plexpy
  5. rm plexpy.git
thats not an actuall path you would fetch. you can probably find the link to an archive on the projects github page.
I wouldnt chmod anything. they're python scripts, just leave them alone.

traderjay

Explorer

traderjay

Explorer

Thanks - I guess command line just isn't my thing :(

Code:
root@plexpy:/ # fetch --no-verify-peer "https://github.com/drzoidberg33/plexpy/archive/master.tar.gz"                              
fetch: illegal option -- -                                                                                                         
usage: fetch [-146AadFlMmnPpqRrsUv] [-B bytes] [-N file] [-o file] [-S bytes]                                                      
       [-T seconds] [-w seconds] [-i file] URL ...                                                                                 
       fetch [-146AadFlMmnPpqRrsUv] [-B bytes] [-N file] [-o file] [-S bytes]                                                      
       [-T seconds] [-w seconds] [-i file] -h host -f file [-c dir]                                                                
root@plexpy:/ #                                                                                                                    

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer
Thanks - I guess command line just isn't my thing :(

Code:
root@plexpy:/ # fetch --no-verify-peer "https://github.com/drzoidberg33/plexpy/archive/master.tar.gz"                             
fetch: illegal option -- -                                                                                                        
usage: fetch [-146AadFlMmnPpqRrsUv] [-B bytes] [-N file] [-o file] [-S bytes]                                                     
       [-T seconds] [-w seconds] [-i file] URL ...                                                                                
       fetch [-146AadFlMmnPpqRrsUv] [-B bytes] [-N file] [-o file] [-S bytes]                                                     
       [-T seconds] [-w seconds] [-i file] -h host -f file [-c dir]                                                               

I'm guessing there's something weird with the dashes you're using. I suggest you retype the no-verify-peer option

traderjay

Explorer
I'm guessing there's something weird with the dashes you're using. I suggest you retype the no-verify-peer option

Thanks again - looks like we are getting somehwere

Code:
root@plexpy:/ # fetch - no-verify-peer "https://github.com/drzoidberg33/plexpy/archive/master.tar.gz"                              
fetch: -: No such file or directory                                                                                                
fetch: no-verify-peer: No such file or directory                                                                                   
master.tar.gz                                 100% of 4742 kB 4303 kBps 00m01s                                                     

Status
Not open for further replies.