Cannot Install Plex Plugin - 11.3 U3.2

seb101

Contributor
Hi Folks,

I have a fairly simple setup, FreeNAS-11.3-U3.2 running on x86_64. Two network interfaces, one on the main LAN, second on an internal-only management network.

When I try to install Plex plugin using default settings (this is the first plugin or Jail ever tried) I get to 50% of the installaiton it says 'ffmpeg' in the progress bar, then it fails with the following message:

Error: plex had a failure Exception: RuntimeError Message: pkg error: - pkg-static: http://pkg.FreeBSD.org/FreeBSD:11:amd64/latest/meta.txz: Connection refused pkg-static: http://pkg.FreeBSD.org/FreeBSD:11:amd64/latest/packagesite.txz: Connection refused Please check your network Partial plugin destroyed

I am fairly certain this is because the 'auto' adapter setting which is default for the plugin is binding the jail to the second network adaptor (ix1) which is on a network that has no internet connectivity. So I then tried forcing the adapter by going to advanced plugin setting and selecting adapter ix0 for the 'vnet_default_interface', all other settings left as default.

This also gets to 50% 'ffmpeg' on the progress then fails, with the following message:

Error: Jail: plex has a missing configuration, please check that the dataset is mounted.

If I try to use a static IP on ix0 - I get yet another error:

Error:[/B] plex had a failure Exception: RuntimeError Message: Stopped plex due to VNET failure Partial plugin destroyed

Any idea?

Last edited:

seb101

Contributor
OK - to validate my assumption on the adaptors, I temporarily removed the firewall rule that prevents internet access on the management network. This works, so now I have a working plex server, but on the wrong network.

So I think that when I select 'advanced' plugin configuration in order to be able to specify the different adaptor... is it also removing some default settings from the rest of the config that I need to go through and set manually? The error 'missing configuration' would seem to suggest so.. but no idea what config it's missing.

goostava

Cadet
OK - to validate my assumption on the adaptors, I temporarily removed the firewall rule that prevents internet access on the management network. This works, so now I have a working plex server, but on the wrong network.

So I think that when I select 'advanced' plugin configuration in order to be able to specify the different adaptor... is it also removing some default settings from the rest of the config that I need to go through and set manually? The error 'missing configuration' would seem to suggest so.. but no idea what config it's missing.
Did you ever resolve this issue? I am facing the same thing right now.