Can access one data set but not other from Windows

plsaux

Cadet
Hello, This is a noob permission question, therefore, thank you in advance

I recently upgraded from 9.1 to 11.2. In the process, I upgraded the pool and I think I botched some of the permissions. From one pool, spin, I have two datasets that I created, media and win. There is also a iocage and pluginjails dataset. I have 'sharing' setup for media and win using Windows (SMB) shares and my SMB service is running. The permissions on all the datasets are setup for Windows ACL with root user and ShareNAS group, where the ShareNAS group stems from the ShareNAS user with 777 for everything.

I am able to see and access my win share and I can see my media share but when I try to access the media share I get a "You might not have permission to use this network resource... A device attached to the system is not functioning". I am still able to access the media directory from the shell so it's not as if the contents are gone.

Any ideas on where to start or a process to move the contents off via USB and blowup and rebuild the dataset would be great.

I am running on a Lenovo ThinkServer TS140
CPU: Core i3 4130 3.4GHz
Memory: 8GB of DDR3 ECC
Disk: 4 x 4TB WD Reds

plsaux

Cadet
Received the following error in a log: Boot Pool Status Is ONLINE: One or more devices has experienced an error resulting in data corruption. Applications may be affected.

On reboot see the following error:
FREENAS SMDB[5885: noacl_Connect: noacl: Non-trival...
...cted on connectpath /mnt/spin/media. Denying access to share

plsaux

Cadet
Was able to get files back by resenting ACLs. Couldn't do it from the windows side so I had to use the following command

setacl -m everyone@:r-x---a-R-c--s:fd:allow <directory>

Once I figured it out how to do it on one I just scaled it up using find...

find . -type f -exec setfacl -m xxx {} \

anodos

Sambassador
iXsystems
Received the following error in a log: Boot Pool Status Is ONLINE: One or more devices has experienced an error resulting in data corruption. Applications may be affected.

On reboot see the following error:
FREENAS SMDB[5885: noacl_Connect: noacl: Non-trival...
...cted on connectpath /mnt/spin/media. Denying access to share

The "noacl" VFS module will disallow access to a share if an extended ACL is present on the share's connectpath. It's designed to be used in a very narrow set of situations (one of them being that mixed protocol (NFSv3 and SMB) access to the same dataset). If you feel like using it, in 11.2 you can run the command find <path to share> -exec setfacl -b {} \; and then do your chmod. In 11.3 you can just use the GUI and check the "strip ACL" checkbox.

golfox2

Dabbler
Have you shared your data set throught the sharing dropdown menu on the left pane ? and then windows SMB share and select your dataset