Block those pesky SSH logins

Status
Not open for further replies.

cyberjock

Inactive Account
That video is HILARIOUS! Never seen that before, but that is FUNNY!

Never seen those Routerboards before. Interesting to say the least! But, even if you go with Routerboards, you are still at their mercy for security issues and such. I'd rather trust a bunch of pfsense developers who have an active interest in security fixes than a company who has an active interest in selling you their next generation product.

HolyK

Ninja Turtle
That game is full of this ... it is just a one funny game full of irony, sarcasm, swearing and fun.

ad Routerboards: Yea, i was surprised that these are not known in US. neither protosd did not know these. Anyway they might be also known as Mikrotik , RouterBoard is HW part, RouterOS is the OS and company is MikroTik who is putting things together a developing the OS. These boxes are widely used by providers for point-point/multipoint connections/routing. In office/home environment these are very powerful and will grant complete controll over the network (FW based on IPtables, NATing, port forwarding, packed marking, queues, limits, shaping, tunneling, dhcp, snmp, ipsec, filters, mesh, ... etc etc ... its just full of all the network-stuff :D)

pirateghost

Unintelligible Geek
Have a look at ubiquity networks, EDGE devices also. Under the hood it runs Debian and a version of vyatta

Sent from my Nexus 5

Yatti420

Wizard
Alot of people seem to be using fail2ban.. I've been running denyhosts for awhile.. Guide here..

Status
Not open for further replies.