Baserow + cloudnative-pg

HumblyNeil

Cadet
Hi there, I'm running TrueNAS (TrueNAS-SCALE-22.12.3.2) and have been wanting to run Baserow through the TrueCharts docker image repo, however, it fails to install regardless what I do, the error being that cloudnative-pg is missing.
Screenshot 2023-10-21 at 13.57.33.png

There seems to be no documentation or a way for me to install it manually. I've tried almost every configuration to bypass this and even tried to run it through the CLI to bypass the image error, I did this by following the documentation on the Baserow site, this installed correctly but did not appear when attempting to access it from the port numbers I set.

I'm in a bind as I cannot seem to get this to install or run, I would much rather have this run from the app library than do it manually.

I would appreciate some help if anyone knows where to point me to resolve this.

Ericloewe

Server Wrangler
If you're using TrueCharts you should probably complain to TrueCharts wherever they provide support these days (which is not here).

danb35

Hall of Famer

HumblyNeil

Cadet
The obvious solution would seem to be to install cloudnative-pg. Have you tried that? See this 4+-month-old post for more information:
Obvious, maybe, but my understanding with TrueNAS Scale is that everything should be installed via the Application Manager. I could not find
Code:
cloudnative-pg
in the package/application manager or find a way to install it via the CLI manually. The link you've provided doesn't quite help me, either it's to a level of competence beyond my skillset, or my understanding of what it is telling me is more relating to updating versions. Leaving me back here with no understanding of how to overcome the problem presented.
If you're using TrueCharts you should probably complain to TrueCharts wherever they provide support these days (which is not here).
Thanks for that, I'm grateful you informed me that this isn't the place to get support for TrueNAS Scale <> TrueCharts Packages related technical issues. I'll keep looking for support.

danb35

Hall of Famer
my understanding with TrueNAS Scale is that everything should be installed via the Application Manager.
Your understanding is correct. If you couldn't find cloudnative-pg as an available application, the most likely reason is that you haven't enabled the Operators train for the Truecharts catalog.

Truecharts provide support for their apps via their Discord; the link to that is (among other places) in the blog post I linked.

HumblyNeil

Cadet
Your understanding is correct. If you couldn't find cloudnative-pg as an available application, the most likely reason is that you haven't enabled the Operators train for the Truecharts catalog.

Truecharts provide support for their apps via their Discord; the link to that is (among other places) in the blog post I linked.
Hi there, thanks for your response. You were correct on that, I also needed to install a few other docker images in order to make Baserow to install. Thanks for the pointers there, it helped a lot.
I am now at the next infuriating stage of having it running and no errors reported but when attempting to access the web app, I'm greeted with a "connection refused" error. I'm circled around restarting the machine, the service and changing the IP and ports it runs on. However, I'm stuck on this next issue of connection refused error.

From my understanding, the URL of a docker image will be the same as the host.

So am I correct in thinking that the IP of my NAS: 192.168.1.___ is fine?

Or would it want to point at localhost / 127.0.0.1 for some reason?

Assuming the IP isn't the issue and we're just referring to the challenge being in the port numbers, I'm assuming there is either a firewall issue or some other networking bug stopping the access to the port on the docker app?

Could someone point me in the right direction of how to diagnose this?

danb35

Hall of Famer
From my understanding, the URL of a docker image will be the same as the host.
That would never be the case, otherwise there would be no way to differentiate between the host and the app. The IP would usually (though not always) be the same, but the port would have to be different in that case.

As to what the correct URL would be, I have no clue--isn't there an "Open" button for your installation? That should take you to it.
Could someone point me in the right direction of how to diagnose this?
You've already been pointed to TrueCharts' primary support resource. They don't visit here much, and offer even less support here. Those of us here who use their apps help the best we can, but we aren't the experts.

Just trying it out myself, it looks like it defaults to port 10228. Thus, the default URL would be http://NAS_IP:10228. You'd also need to enter that in the BASEROW_PUBLIC_URL field when installing the app. With those settings made, it's opening for me and I'm able to log in. I haven't tested it beyond that.