Backup linux to freenas

Status
Not open for further replies.

enold

Cadet
Hello, Is there would be someone to help me make a backup of a linux station (Debian) to my freenas, I'm looked for tutorials I haven't found. thank you

enold

Cadet
Thanks for your answer, but I have one freenas system and one linux system which doesn't have freenas. How can I make the backup of my /home/ for example to my freenas with rsync.

warri

Guru
If you want to do it manually:
First you have to configure the SSH service on your FreeNAS and create a user for it (consult the manual).

Then something along this line should do:
Code:
rsync -avh /home/<username>/ <ssh-user>@<freenas-ip>:/mnt/<poolname>

Replace the entries for <username>, <ssh-user>, <freenas-ip> and <poolname>

However, I'd recommend you familiarize yourself with the manual of rsync(1) to understand what the command actually does.

If you don't want to learn the basics of rsync or are uncomfortable using the shell, there exist multiple backup softwares with a GUI supporting many different protocols (SCP, SFTP, FTP, Samba, ...).

pirateghost

Unintelligible Geek
I use the rsync jobs in Freenas, connecting to the rsync daemon running on my desktop that exports out the directories I want backed up. Make the desktop be your 'server' and the FreeNAS pulls from it.

Sent from my Nexus 5

enold

Cadet
how can I fix this message: "_secure_path: can not stat /mnt/Disque1/partage/rsync/.login_conf: Permission denied"

Status
Not open for further replies.