Attempting `docker login` on SCALE-21.06

adamtaro

Dabbler
Hi all.

I'm loving SCALE in my first 48 hours after sidegrading a Xeon-D home lab from TrueNAS CORE.

The ease of configuration (particularly attaching storage) and broad choice of applications by using docker/k3s is a real game-changer.

However, the price of success is scale, sometimes: I ran into limits in pulling a new docker image.
Error response from daemon: pull access denied for <repo>/<image>, repository does not exist or may require 'docker login': denied: requested access to the resource is denied

This is disappointing but understandable with hub.docker.com's anonymous usage limits. I want to take the error message at face value and believe it will go away if I log into docker with my existing credentials. Doing so with docker login in a shell using root was not enough. How do I get my secrets into the docker ecosystem?

Ha, look at that. User error on my part. I got the image repository wrong. Still, it seems "correct" to log into docker hub when pulling down images, especially once I develop my own. How can I do that?

Last edited:

Kris Moore

SVP of Engineering
Administrator
iXsystems
In the UI Go to Apps -> Manage Docker Images -> Pull Image, then you'll be given a page like this which prompts for the username/password to login with :)

1626868913997.png