Are there any issues with v11?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rusky

Dabbler
I read some posts about plex not working with version 11, the posts are a few months old so maybe it's fixed.

Any reason to install the previous version?

SweetAndLow

Sweet'NASty
Plex has always worked with 11. Those parts are probably people with messed up systems. 11 is ok for the most part but has issue. I'm waiting for U1.

Rusky

Dabbler
Any issues with Plex jail that you're aware of? That's the specific issue people were having.

I wanted to move that to a SSD drive to handle encoding/decoding faster

Last edited by a moderator:

SweetAndLow

Sweet'NASty
Why would there be issues? Set up a VM of FreeNAS 11.1 and test it out. You can use Warden or iocage to build the jail but iocage is new and might have strange behavior but Warden is exactly the same as other releases.

Last edited by a moderator:

danb35

Hall of Famer
Why would there be issues?
You tell me, but there are some. Not a great lot, but some. There are also some people (including me) having major problems with scrubs (which in my case have resulted in rolling back to 11.0-U4), and various other issues. FN11.1 is not problem-free, but neither is any other piece of software more complicated than Hello World.

@Rusky, as far as I've seen, the jails system is pretty solid in 11.1, but I'd suggest you read up on setting up Plex as an iocage jail--the old-style warden jails will be deprecated with the release of 11.2, so there doesn't seem to be much sense in setting up a new jail that way.

SweetAndLow

Sweet'NASty
You tell me, but there are some. Not a great lot, but some. There are also some people (including me) having major problems with scrubs (which in my case have resulted in rolling back to 11.0-U4), and various other issues. FN11.1 is not problem-free, but neither is any other piece of software more complicated than Hello World.

@Rusky, as far as I've seen, the jails system is pretty solid in 11.1, but I'd suggest you read up on setting up Plex as an iocage jail--the old-style warden jails will be deprecated with the release of 11.2, so there doesn't seem to be much sense in setting up a new jail that way.
Yeah that exactly what I said, Plex is fine but 11.1 isn't so I suggested waiting for U1.

danb35

Hall of Famer

Rusky

Dabbler
Since I just started building it and have no data on the drives there's no reason to rush into 11.1 when 11.2 is just round the corner, thanks guys

Ericloewe

Server Wrangler
11.1-U1 is due out on the 22nd, last I heard. 11.2 would be out "months" after that.

Status
Not open for further replies.