SOLVED Aquantia Driver for TrueNAS 12.1

Rayxcer

Cadet
Hey guys,
I've upgraded from FreeNAS to TrueNAS today.
Sadly, my ASUS 10GbE NIC won't show up (I assume the driver is missing).
I've tried to compile it from here, but it sadly won't work.
Error message:
error.png

I'm not really sure how to set the right compiler type, so I thought I'd ask you guys for help.

Ericloewe

Server Wrangler
Wrong forum section. TrueNAS != TrueOS. Moved.

As for the driver, I seem to recall that it worked at one point. Check the bug tracker to see if you can find an existing ticket about this. If you don't, please file a new one, it's the kind of thing that easily gets traction with the devs if there aren't any weird showstoppers.

freqlabs

iXsystems
iXsystems
The driver is included in TrueNAS but it is an experimental development preview (since that is the only code available), therefore we do not automatically load the driver. You can manually load the driver by adding a tunable for if_atlantic_load=YES, but really don't expect this to be a high quality driver at this stage.

Rayxcer

Cadet
The driver is included in TrueNAS but it is an experimental development preview (since that is the only code available), therefore we do not automatically load the driver. You can manually load the driver by adding a tunable for if_atlantic_load=YES, but really don't expect this to be a high quality driver at this stage.
Thanks a lot, that helped me.

gigo90

Cadet

I tried to set a Tunable to load this driver, unfortunatelly after every reboot i have to load manually the driver with kldload command from the shell.
Can someone help me to find a solution?

Thanks

Samuel Tai

Never underestimate your own stupidity
I tried to set a Tunable to load this driver, unfortunatelly after every reboot i have to load manually the driver with kldload command from the shell.
Can someone help me to find a solution?

How are you setting the tunable? If you're manually adding the line in /boot/loader.conf, this isn't the proper way to add a tunable. The proper way is to navigate to System->Tunables in the GUI, and to add a loader tunable named if_atlantic_load with value YES. Note this tunable will only take effect at the next boot.

Droz

Dabbler
How are you setting the tunable? If you're manually adding the line in /boot/loader.conf, this isn't the proper way to add a tunable. The proper way is to navigate to System->Tunables in the GUI, and to add a loader tunable named if_atlantic_load with value YES. Note this tunable will only take effect at the next boot.
Where would one do this in Scale 22.02.1?

deneon2000

Cadet
I have a QNAP tvs-951x with 10 GBE. I've tried configuring the tunable but it doesn't work. This has been the case with Core 12 and 13. Anyone have any idea what else I can try?

spuky

Explorer
I have a QNAP tvs-951x with 10 GBE. I've tried configuring the tunable but it doesn't work. This has been the case with Core 12 and 13. Anyone have any idea what else I can try?

Another Post had success with scale

quick google search brought up no info what chipset they are using for the 10GB nic