Apps not working after local replication

Hello all,

I’ve just upgraded my modest NAS from a striped pool on SMR drives to a proper mirror on CMR. Replication seems to have gone well, since all my files are visible from a shell and from SMB, however my apps aren’t functioning at all. I can see that the ix-applications dataset was successfully replicated onto the new drive, but Kubernetes is refusing to mount and throws the following error message:

image.png

I have tried the zfs set mountpoint=legacy method and the other method they suggest to no avail. I presumed the issue was caused by read only dataset permissions but I’ve run zfs set readonly=off as well which didn’t solve anything. Lastly, while my original pool was called StorageOne, the destination pool was named StorageTwo. I used zfs to rename the pool to StorageOne, hoping the apps would work if all the names matched, but that didn’t work either. It did however get my SMB shares up and running.

Since my files are all here, I might just end up deleting the entire ix-applications dataset and rebuilding my apps from scratch. I’d prefer not to go through that work if I don’t have to though.

Lastly, my server’s static route used to end in .170 but seems to have jumped to .171 after the hard drive swap. Could this be affecting the apps? If I restore the route to .170 will that fix things?

Any and all help is appreciated! I’ve searched the forums, the discord, and the subreddit for help but haven’t found an answer.

Thanks!

zachj

Cadet
it could be that the Ix-applications dataset was moved. did your pool name change? could be that.

to change your pool

Screenshot 2024-01-24 7.40.47 PM.png

1. click settings in the application menu

Screenshot 2024-01-24 7.41.56 PM.png

2. Click Choose pool

Screenshot 2024-01-24 7.42.33 PM.png

3. choose the pool you want to download the apps in

it could be that the Ix-applications dataset was moved. did your pool name change? could be that.

to change your pool

View attachment 75019
1. click settings in the application menu

View attachment 75020
2. Click Choose pool

View attachment 75021
3. choose the pool you want to download the apps in
Thanks for the reply! While my pool name was initially different, I was able to rename it to match the original name. I tried unsetting and resetting the Apps pool multiple times, to no avail.
Eventually, I ended up deleting the entire ix-applications dataset and rebuilding my apps from scratch.

zachj

Cadet
Thanks for the reply! While my pool name was initially different, I was able to rename it to match the original name. I tried unsetting and resetting the Apps pool multiple times, to no avail.
Eventually, I ended up deleting the entire ix-applications dataset and rebuilding my apps from scratch.
hope that helped, I'm not the smartest when it comes to Truenas software.