Any good social network plugin?

profzelonka

Explorer
Would anyone recommend a social network script that they self-host?

Features in order of importance:
  1. Native mobile app (Android)
  2. Facebook-like
  3. (Optional) Nextcloud integration maybe? Or just friendly with nextcloud share links?

garm

Wizard
Discourse is good, but you would need to build your own Nextcloud integration. Maybe Ghost could help with that.
otherwise you have some social apps available in the Nextcloud store

profzelonka

Explorer
Oh wow so that's what nextcloud forum is - discourse. lol I've been wondering! It is a pretty sweet forum type platform. Thanks!

I'm looking for more of a strictly facebook-style feed for posts and comments. Boonex I suppose may be an option (formerly known as Dolphin). Mastodon is what I'm looking for but facebook-styled rather than Twitter. I can't stand twitter.. hahah

Unfortunately Nextcloud's Social app is outdated and still in early alpha, and hasn't really been active at all lately.. Mood is a predecessor. I'm ultmately hoping that the Social app will just boom tho and get a Nextcloud v18 (or v19) release! That'd be ideal..

CharlesAlsop

Cadet
If we talk about social media, I use Facebook and Instagram, but I don't like that I spend too much time there.

danb35

Hall of Famer
I'm looking for more of a strictly facebook-style feed for posts and comments.
Diaspora* is what you're looking for, I think, but there's no plugin for it.

Nextcloud Social looks like a rehash of Mastodon--more Twitter-like than Facebook-like.