Another "root mount waiting for: CAM" issue

Silverstar24

Dabbler
Hi Folks

My virtual TrueNAS is running for years very well on ESX Host. The old host was a Cisco C240-M4 with two E5-2640 v3 and 512GB of RAM. 20x 3.8TB and 4x 800GB SAS 12Gb SSD on a CISCO HBA. I used a VM for FreeNAS with PCI Passthrough 8 Cores and 128GB of RAM all was working fine.

Now I get an other server wich is really quiet and my idea was to move all my Stuff to this host. It's an DELL T630 with 2x E5-2690v4 1024GB RAM 32 Slots for SAS Disk an two PEREC H730 Controller. Now I moved all VM's to the new Server and switched the RAID Controller into the HBA mode. But my TrueNAS 12 U4 won't boot. I get the "root mount waiting for: CAM" loop.

Now I tested with other OS (Debian and pfsense) both are booting an shows me the ZFS Disk without any problem. Why have my TrueNAS this problem? Any idea?

I tried to run the VM in EFI or BIOS Mode nothing changed also I tried to run the server in UEFI and BIOS mode but all the same. As soon a Disk is connected to the SAS Expander the VM runs into the loop.

sretalla