All jails down/dead and cannot recreate in 11.1U4.1

ryanakata

Explorer
I waited and upgraded as usual and nothing is coming back online and will not manually start with a "undefined" error.

I rolled back boot environments and even loaded my old config file. The same thing happens.

If I try to create a new jail for plex I get this.

root@freenas:/ # iocage create -n "plex" -p /tmp/pkg.json -r 11.2-RELEASE ip4_addr="vnet0|192.168.1.2/24" defaultrouter="192.168.1.1" vnet="on" allow_raw_sockets="1" boot="on"

root@freenas:/ # Dataset with path not found
Dataset: Command not found.
root@freenas/ #

The jails volume is still set and mounted. I've fetched the 11.2 templates and nothing is working. This is day 2 of no server and it's brutal for my 21 month old.

D

dlavigne

Were you able to resolve this?

If not, I assume you mean that the system boots up but Plex won't start? If so, what is the full message in /var/log/messages when it fails to start?

ryanakata

Explorer
Were you able to resolve this?

If not, I assume you mean that the system boots up but Plex won't start? If so, what is the full message in /var/log/messages when it fails to start?

Unfortunately I had to get it back up pretty quick, which was me installing Ubuntu Server with docker containers point to all of my app config on imported ZFS pools. If the log still exists on that pool, I may be able to go see what it says if I can import the old OS drive which is laying on my desk. It was every jail on the system and I could not create a new jail with iocage in the command line. I do still have my backup file if you want that which will reproduce the problem if you have a test system.

The command line error was datapath not found.

Roach

Cadet
I have a similar issue, I attempted to use the gui to create a test jail and got the following message in the gui:

FAILED
('Dataset with path not found',)

Code:
Error: concurrent.futures.process._RemoteTraceback: 
"""
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/concurrent/futures/process.py", line 175, in _process_worker
    r = call_item.fn(*call_item.args, **call_item.kwargs)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/middlewared/worker.py", line 131, in main_worker
    res = loop.run_until_complete(coro)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/asyncio/base_events.py", line 468, in run_until_complete
    return future.result()
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/middlewared/worker.py", line 91, in _run
    return await self._call(name, serviceobj, methodobj, params=args, job=job)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/middlewared/worker.py", line 84, in _call
    return methodobj(*params)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/middlewared/worker.py", line 84, in _call
    return methodobj(*params)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/middlewared/plugins/jail.py", line 200, in create_job
    empty=empty
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/iocage_lib/iocage.py", line 611, in create
    clone=clone,
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/iocage_lib/ioc_create.py", line 87, in create_jail
    return self._create_jail(jail_uuid, location)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/iocage_lib/ioc_create.py", line 194, in _create_jail
    config = self.create_config(jail_uuid, cloned_release)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/iocage_lib/ioc_create.py", line 574, in create_config
    jail_props = ioc_json.json_check_default_config()
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/iocage_lib/ioc_json.py", line 1924, in json_check_default_config
    self.json_write(default_props, default_json_location)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/iocage_lib/ioc_json.py", line 431, in json_write
    if template else None
  File "libzfs.pyx", line 645, in libzfs.ZFS.get_dataset_by_path
libzfs.ZFSException: Dataset with path  not found
"""

The above exception was the direct cause of the following exception:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/middlewared/job.py", line 332, in run
    await self.future
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/middlewared/job.py", line 358, in __run_body
    rv = await self.middleware._call_worker(self.method_name, *self.args, job={'id': self.id})
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/middlewared/main.py", line 1062, in _call_worker
    return await self.run_in_proc(main_worker, name, args, job)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/middlewared/main.py", line 996, in run_in_proc
    return await self.run_in_executor(self.__procpool, method, *args, **kwargs)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/middlewared/main.py", line 972, in run_in_executor
    return await loop.run_in_executor(pool, functools.partial(method, *args, **kwargs))
libzfs.ZFSException: ('Dataset with path  not found',)

I currently don't have any other jails/plugins configured.

D

dlavigne

That traceback is worth reporting at bugs.ixsystems.com. Please post the issue here once you create one.