Alert System warning

Status
Not open for further replies.

soulman1949

Dabbler
I'm getting an Alert System warning on my NAS:
"WARNING: The volume freenas (ZFS) status is UNKNOWN: One or more devices has experienced an error resulting in data corruption. Applications may be affected.Restore the file in question if possible. Otherwise restore the entire pool from backup."

Running FreeNAS-8.3.0-RELEASE-x64 (r12701M), 3 HDD each 3 TB with 8GB RAM. Funnily enough I'd just bought two new 3TB drives and was planning on rebuilding the pool from scratch over the weekend.

Sorry to be a dimwit but I don't have a clue as to how to go about finding what the problem is.

Thanks

Alan

Yatti420

Wizard
Please post details of hardware and pool setup.. Basically looks like you've experienced data corruption (within "freenas" pool) on the level that ZFS cannot fix or address.. can you post zfs list.. zpool status .. in code tags please..

If I recall zpool status should list files that have been corrupted.. If you have a backup of your server or pool you'll be fine! You will need to address the issue and restore those files and the pool should be green again.. Without a backup in this situation those files that are corrupted will probably be lost (depending on what it is etc)..

Take a look at the pool and have you used smartctl to look at smart parameters on your pool?

Status
Not open for further replies.