After Disk failure - errors started with EnclosureStatusAlert: list index out of range message

ColbySilver

Cadet
Good day all,

We have encountered an error on our box after having one disk fail we can no longer list our Enclosure Details. We see the error below repeating in the system logs.

Any suggestions on what we should check would be great.

Thanks, Colby

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

alert.py: [system.alert:156] Alert module '<enclosure_status.EnclosureStatusAlert object at 0x80aad0750>' failed: list index out of range
manage.py: [system.alert:156] Alert module '<enclosure_status.EnclosureStatusAlert object at 0x80f1c1fd0>' failed: list index out of range

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Environment:

Software Version: TrueNAS-9.2.1.11-RELEASE-p2-x64 (a4d64a2)
Request Method: GET
Request URL: http://10.10.10.10/truenas/enclosure/status/?dojo.preventCache=1567114532044

Traceback:
File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/django/core/handlers/base.py" in get_response
107. response = middleware_method(request, callback, callback_args, callback_kwargs)
File "/usr/local/www/freenasUI/../freenasUI/freeadmin/middleware.py" in process_view
158. return login_required(view_func)(request, *view_args, **view_kwargs)
File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/django/contrib/auth/decorators.py" in _wrapped_view
22. return view_func(request, *args, **kwargs)
File "/usr/local/www/freenasUI/../freenasUI/truenas/views.py" in enclosure_status
11. 'enclosures': ses.Enclosures(),
File "/usr/local/www/freenasUI/../freenasUI/truenas/ses.py" in __init__
55. self.__enclosures.append(Enclosure(num=num, data=data))
89. self._parse(data)
File "/usr/local/www/freenasUI/../freenasUI/truenas/ses.py" in _parse
135. dev)
File "/usr/local/www/freenasUI/../freenasUI/truenas/ses.py" in _enclosure_element
168. return ArrayDevSlot(slot=slot, value_raw=value, desc=desc, dev=dev)
625. self.devname = dev[0]

Exception Type: IndexError at /truenas/enclosure/status/
Exception Value: list index out of range

ColbySilver

Cadet
No. We inherited this unit as part of a merge with another company and the support had already expired. It has been sitting powered off for a few years after that but we spun it up a bit ago to use it for storage of non-critical QA data. Anyway, I didn't think it made sense to create a ticket if the support is long ago expired. It turns out that I do seem to have an active support login, so I can go that route if you like.

Thanks, Colby

D

Deleted member 70528

Hello Colby,

I work with the support team here at iX. The system looks like its running 9.2, so I can believe the out of Support item. Due to the age of that release, I'm unsure if this is just a UI bug, or something more serious. Do we have back ups of the data?

I believe it would be beneficial to at least see what options there are for upgrading the software here. There is no charge for doing this. I'd be interested to know more about the hardware platform before making a recommendation. If you'd like, please feel free to submit a Support ticket with your serial number, and mention Nick.b, and I it will be routed back my way. I can also run this past my Storage team to see if they can give some quick advise on resolving the Issue.

Thank you, Nick.b