Getting a Exception when tring to add user

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rabin

Dabbler
UPDATE:

This problem was resolved for me after applying the latest update - FreeNAS-9.3-STABLE-201502210408 via the auto update.

--------------------

I'm geting this error then trying to add a new user (clicking the Add user button)

Code:
Request Method:     GET
Request URL:     http://freenas.local/admin/account/bsdusers/add/
Software Version:     FreeNAS-9.3-STABLE-201502142001
Exception Type:     ValueError
Exception Value:  

Could not retrieve usernext

Exception Location:     /usr/local/www/freenasUI/../freenasUI/middleware/notifier.py in user_getnextuid, line 2385
Server time:     Tue, 17 Feb 2015 14:41:07 +0200

* Traceback
Code:
Environment:

Software Version: FreeNAS-9.3-STABLE-201502142001
Request Method: GET
Request URL: http://freenas.local/admin/account/bsdusers/add/

Traceback:
File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/django/core/handlers/base.py" in get_response
  105.                     response = middleware_method(request, callback, callback_args, callback_kwargs)
File "/usr/local/www/freenasUI/../freenasUI/freeadmin/middleware.py" in process_view
  157.         return login_required(view_func)(request, *view_args, **view_kwargs)
File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/django/contrib/auth/decorators.py" in _wrapped_view
  22.                 return view_func(request, *args, **kwargs)
File "/usr/local/www/freenasUI/../freenasUI/freeadmin/options.py" in wrapper
  210.                 return self._admin.admin_view(view)(*args, **kwargs)
File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/django/utils/decorators.py" in _wrapped_view
  99.                     response = view_func(request, *args, **kwargs)
File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/django/views/decorators/cache.py" in _wrapped_view_func
  52.         response = view_func(request, *args, **kwargs)
File "/usr/local/www/freenasUI/../freenasUI/freeadmin/site.py" in inner
  142.             return view(request, *args, **kwargs)
File "/usr/local/www/freenasUI/../freenasUI/freeadmin/options.py" in add
  386.             mf = mf()
File "/usr/local/www/freenasUI/../freenasUI/account/forms.py" in __init__
  269.             self.fields['bsdusr_uid'].initial = notifier().user_getnextuid()
File "/usr/local/www/freenasUI/../freenasUI/middleware/notifier.py" in user_getnextuid
  2385.             raise ValueError("Could not retrieve usernext")

Exception Type: ValueError at /admin/account/bsdusers/add/
Exception Value: Could not retrieve usernext

Code:
System Information

Build  FreeNAS-9.3-STABLE-201502142001
Platform  Intel(R) Core(TM)2 CPU 4300 @ 1.80GHz
Memory  5978MB
System Time  Tue Feb 17 20:51:58 IST 2015
Uptime  8:51PM up 19:09, 0 users
Load Average  0.02, 0.01, 0.00

I don't know if this related, but i removed the first user i created (uid=1000) and now when i trying to add a new user i get this error message.

Last edited:

SweetAndLow

Sweet'NASty
Read forum rules please and post hardware specifications.

SweetAndLow

Sweet'NASty
You don't meet the minimum spec so people aren't going to be interested in helping you. You need at least 8GB of memory just to use zfs.

Rabin

Dabbler
You don't meet the minimum spec so people aren't going to be interested in helping you. You need at least 8GB of memory just to use zfs.
How is that related ? This machine run OK for over a year, until i decided to remove this one user. This has nothing to do with ZFS.

SweetAndLow

Sweet'NASty
Your system doesn't meet the minimum specifications required to run FreeNAS this means things will not work as expected. This is exactly what is happening to you.

Rabin

Dabbler
Your system doesn't meet the minimum specifications required to run FreeNAS this means things will not work as expected. This is exactly what is happening to you.
How is this even related ? The system works without any problem, It's is WEB-UI which crash. I'm not a Python programmer, but just from the stack trace I can tell you it has something to do with the user i removed!

SweetAndLow

Sweet'NASty
ok if you don't fix it then you will continue to get indeterministic behavior. How did you remove the user? did you use the webui or did you use the cli?

Rabin

Dabbler
ok if you don't fix it then you will continue to get indeterministic behavior. How did you remove the user? did you use the webui or did you use the cli?
Removed the user with the WEB-UI.

I tried to add the user with the same name and id using the command line and i still get the above error message.

Status
Not open for further replies.