Adding iSCSI boot option to GRUB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Helix Spinn

Cadet
Hello!

I'm searching forums to find any howto on enabling iSCSI boot option in GRUB. I have setup of 20 desktops in primary school that have Linux Mint + Win7 installed on hard drive, now the idea is to add another option to boot into Win 7 installed on FreeNAS (via iSCSI). I have found instructions how to create iSCSI on FreeNAS and use MS iSCSI initiator to make iSCSI device as local disks, but that does not explain how to boot to Win 7. What else do I need to enable on FreeNAS box in order to boot over network, DHCP, TFTP? I would like to have this third option in GRUB in case local Win 7 gets foobared by unforeseen occasions like virus attacks. Local gigabit LAN in classroom has all machines with static IP addresses, no DHCP is running. FreeNAS has 8GB of ram and Quad Core 2,66Mhz. FreeNAS box is currently used only for CIFS share with dedup enabled. Any help greatly appreciated.

Helix Spinn

Cadet
No, I have been playing with dedup in time I have available atm. I'm not very skullfull with FreeNAS, but if there are some guidelines available, I could embark this quest :)

Status
Not open for further replies.