A small question of Netdata

Status
Not open for further replies.

skyyxy

Contributor
Hi everybody here. I want build a new small NAS in my home and just install the newest version 11.1U6 and works great. Just a small question: How to install the plugin of Netdata? its really cool service but I using LSI 9260-8i and found the MegaCLI monitor plugin in Github like this (https://github.com/netdata/netdata/tree/master/collectors/python.d.plugin/megacli). I tried to install myself but something is different between Freenas and Freebsd. So anybody can hlep? Thanks a lot.

danb35

Hall of Famer

skyyxy

Contributor
It's already installed, just turn it on at the Services page.
Yes, I already turn one the netdata service and open the newdata Graphic page but not include the LSI MegaCLI monitor. So I use the ssh connect my FNS server and visit /usr/local/etc/netdata folder and check the plugin but without megacli. Thats why I want to install the plugin.

danb35

Hall of Famer
Thats why I want to install the plugin.
Ah, that makes sense, but I doubt there's a good way to do that other than submitting a bug report asking for it to be added. However, since using a hardware RAID controller is strongly discouraged, I'd be surprised if the devs were inclined to add it to the system.

skyyxy

Contributor
Ah, that makes sense, but I doubt there's a good way to do that other than submitting a bug report asking for it to be added. However, since using a hardware RAID controller is strongly discouraged, I'd be surprised if the devs were inclined to add it to the system.
Yes I know. Somebody also told me the hardware RAID is not good for FNS, but I tested for times that the write performance of HBA softraid is not enough for me, if one client write something the others will creazy slow for read, but the hardware raid dont have this issue, I also dont want to use RAID card but I don't know how to fix the issue. May be you know that? Thanks a lot.

Status
Not open for further replies.