9.10, Plugins not installing, error: unable to find template.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bmiest

Cadet
Hello!

I've recently built my own freenas box and have been tinkering with the filesharing for my family and what not. However I'm stuck at trying to get any plugin installed at all.

All that happens is the download starts and everything seems to be working correctly. It starts "creating" the template and actually reaches 100% freenas1.png . However, after this step the process stops and this error message appears for every plugin that i've tried. Screenshot_1.png

my setup consists of:

Build FreeNAS-9.10-STABLE-201605021851 (35c85f7)
Platform Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E3-1220 v3 @ 3.10GHz on ASROCK e3c226d2i
Memory 16315MB ECC ram
Freenas installed on internal USB.
4x 3tb WD reds.

Thanks in advance!

D

dlavigne

Was this a fresh install of 9.10 or did you upgrade from 9.3 (or use a config from a 9.3 system)?

Bmiest

Cadet
Was this a fresh install of 9.10 or did you upgrade from 9.3 (or use a config from a 9.3 system)?
Hello dlavinge, thanks for your reply!

This was a fresh install of 9.10. I also noticed the repository URL for the jails seemed to be wrong. But changing it did not help.

Last edited:

Bmiest

Cadet
I replicated my steps in a virtual environment, here however everything seems to work as intended.

It it safe to just reïnstall my freenas copy?
How will my volumes be imported? Automatically?
Data on the drives is not crucial data yet as I was in a testing phase before I want to be reliant on this server.

Cheers

Bmiest

Cadet
Seems that making a separate dataset and then setting the jail path to this caused the issue. Fresh install works if I don't change the jail mount. Fresh install -> set ip settings right -> install plex works. It'll then create the mount point itself. This dataset called jails can not be reduced in size it seems(wanted to make it 100gib but i'll give an error if I try to do so.).

Robert Trevellyan

Pony Wrangler
Seems that making a separate dataset and then setting the jail path to this caused the issue.
Interesting, I had a similar issue after moving my jails dataset to a different pool, which went away after I moved it back.

Bmiest

Cadet
Interesting, I had a similar issue after moving my jails dataset to a different pool, which went away after I moved it back.

When I fresh install and let FreeNAS create it's own 'jails' dataset I can get it to work. Removing all datasets and making a fresh dataset for jails doesn't work either.

Status
Not open for further replies.