9.1 Replication Tasks - remote hostkey not working?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Following the 9.1 documentation replicating tasks fail due to ssh issues. The replication tasks show up on the console failing with broken pipes.

Following the documentation's replication troubleshooting, I can see the problem being that, at least on the CLI, the remote hostkey in the GUI is not in ~/.ssh/known_hosts. This is the case when creating the replication task with either root or a dedicated user (with a writeable home directory). Connecting once with ssh on the CLI and confirming that ~/.ssh/known_hosts is written then allows the replication scripts to proceed. When running the replication tasks as root this does involve a mount -uw / , mount -ur / cycle before and after running the CLI ssh session.

It appears the remote hostkey is not being applied correctly from the GUI when creating the task. I don't see any errors in the console when doing so but also don't know where else to look.

I might be doing it wrong but it does appear that something isn't hooked up between the GUI and the replication scripts. If it is me I think there may be something missing the documentation then.

I think resolving this papercut type issue would raise the polish just that much more. I can create the tickets in the bug tracker but don't know if anyone else has had similar problems.

Of note: The GUI ssh keyscan command pulls in a rsa key into the GUI. CLI ssh adds an elliptic curve key into known_hosts. Both PUSH and PULL are 9.1 release systems.

Status
Not open for further replies.