11.2-7 to 11.3 Upgrade IPMI error

LostInIgnorance

Dabbler
After upgrading one of my systems to test the 11.3 update, I am getting a error on boot about the IPMI interface. This is an Intel S2600WF board and I am guessing it is something not grabbing the IPMI alerts correctly.

* Failed to check for alert IPMISELSpaceLeft: Traceback (most recent call last): File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/middlewared/plugins/alert.py", line 650, in __run_source alerts = (await alert_source.check()) or [] File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/middlewared/plugins/../alert/source/ipmi_sel.py", line 194, in check (await run(["ipmitool", "sel", "info"], encoding="utf8")).stdout) File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/middlewared/plugins/../alert/source/ipmi_sel.py", line 198, in _produce_alert_for_ipmitool_output if int(sel_information["Percent Used"].rstrip("%")) > 90: ValueError: invalid literal for int() with base 10: 'unknown'

uberkind9

Cadet
Same... any ideas about resolving it?

LostInIgnorance

Dabbler
Has anyone found what the issue is on this? I rebuilt an array from the ground up (wiping drives, reinstalled, no recovery) and I initially get this error.

kskreider

Dabbler
I upgraded to 11.3 a month ago and just got this error reported to me last night.

Anyone?

Samuel Tai

Never underestimate your own stupidity
Code error. Please submit a bug report.

romankris

Cadet
ValueError: invalid literal for int() with base 10: 'unknown'[/ICODE]

Computers store numbers in a variety of different ways. Python has two main ones. Integers, which store whole numbers (ℤ), and floating point numbers, which store real numbers (ℝ). You need to use the right one based on what you require. This error message invalid literal for int() with base 10 would seem to indicate that you are passing a string that's not an integer to the int() function . In other words it's either empty, or has a character in it other than a digit.

You can solve this error by using Python isdigit() method to check whether the value is number or not. The returns True if all the characters are digits, otherwise False .

val = "10.10"
if val.isdigit():
print(int(val))

The other way to overcome this issue is to wrap your code inside a Python try...except block to handle this error.

Or if you are trying to convert a float string (eg. "10.10") to an integer, simply calling float first then converting that to an int will work:

output = int(float(input))

Redcoat

MVP
Welcome to the forums!

Replying to a two-year-old post where a moderator has identified the issue as a code error isn't likely to get much reaction, partcularly as we are many versions past that update now.

Look forward to you adding your participation to current thread topics.

Last edited: