New Plugin Available: Plex Media Server!

Status
Not open for further replies.

benamira

Explorer
Pretty easy. First of all just wait for the Release version to be available (i think it would be in the near future).
Save your settings from the GUI (just in case) and upgrade through the GUI to the Release version.
If the Plex issue is fixed then you will be able to upgrade Plex Plugin.

sdspieg

Contributor
Good to know. I'll wait then.But just out of curiosity - what is the command that can tell me how big my plex database is?

benamira

Explorer
Well, i guess the easiest and quickest way would be to navigate through your browser to the correct folder where you store jails (plexdata) and see what is the size.

$PLEXJAIL/usr/pbi/plexmediaserver-amd64/plexdata

If you want to go CLI, just navigate also to the folder and do a ll (ls -l) to see the details.

Magnus33

Patron
Considering all the features are done and there are only 5 unfixed bugs left out of 51 the 9.2.1 beta is likely to be soon.

At which point we can upgrade our plex plugins without issue :)

StephenFry

Contributor
Having finally moved on to FreeNAS 9, I'd like to start using Plex. However, I'd preferably not have it write to my main storage. Is it in any way possible to keep the database that I understand Plex makes, on its own disk? I would also think using an SSD for this would help speed, but I have no idea how fast or slow Plex is.

warri

Guru
Yes, you can create your jails on any ZFS volume. Create one on your SSD and you'll be able to put Plex on it.

Naesstrom

Contributor
Hmm, there's a Version 0.9.9.1.357-b2fadd5 available for plex pass users, anyone have some timeframe when this might be incorporated into the PBI?
It has some nice updates for chromecast support and 5.1 audio so I'm really looking forward to it! :D

Magnus33

Patron
I suspect it well showup shortly as thier quite good at updating the plugins and its not major work.

cyberjock

Inactive Account
I suspect it well showup shortly as thier quite good at updating the plugins and its not major work.

LOL. That's not completely accurate. The owncloud update is going on 5 weeks.. still not out.

Magnus33

Patron
lol :)

Correction most of the plugins are not major work to update the owncloud is apparently a pain in the bleep o_O .
With all the work that's going on with the release candidates some delay if perfectly understandable.

Ps: cyberjock every time i see your picture i keep thinking this View: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zl0zw1YVZd4

That commercial just stuck :)

cyberjock

Inactive Account
LOL! Where did you see that commercial? I've never seen that before! It's hilarious though!

Magnus33

Patron
Superbowl commercial .
The game was amazingly bad but there was a few commercial that were decent.

Magnus33

Patron
Seems the new plugin is also a major bug fix since dvd and other iso no longer show in the plex ver 290.

marcevan

Patron
Plex + Sickbeard + Couchpotato + Transmission rocks. Also love Trakt.tv integration for Sickbeard so you don't need to remote into your freeNAS, just go to trakt.tv and add new shows to your watchlist.

3dNater

Cadet
Hi guys. I have been running freeNAS and a Plex server for about a month. I am a total noob when it comes to FreeBSD etc. but luckily I have a friend who has been helping me. I am having some playback issues on my roku. The video stops playing and the roku throws up an error saying the video is unavailable. I click ok and then hit play again and resume. I was wondering if anyone else has had a similar problem and if there are some tuning things I could do to help this issue. For the most part it has been really amazing. I have been loving it.

ThreeDee

Guru
..are you wired or wireless with your Roku? .. could be a connection problem with the Roku or your FreeNAS box .. or under powered FreeNAS box. Would need more info from you though. I installed FreeNAS on an Atom 230 setup with 4GB DDR2 .. worked great for just file serving using ZFS. Threw Plex on there and it just couldn't cut the mustered for that task. It was under spec'd as it was, and Plex exploited that immensely.

3dNater

Cadet
..are you wired or wireless with your Roku? .. could be a connection problem with the Roku or your FreeNAS box .. or under powered FreeNAS box. Would need more info from you though. I installed FreeNAS on an Atom 230 setup with 4GB DDR2 .. worked great for just file serving using ZFS. Threw Plex on there and it just couldn't cut the mustered for that task. It was under spec'd as it was, and Plex exploited that immensely.

I have a similar setup except mine is running on an AMD X64 X2 processor so it has a little more oomph in the processing department from what I read about the Atom. My setup is that processor with 4GB DDR2. I am running the roku over wireless. I was playing around with it this morning and found that the problem doesn't seem to exist on every file I play. Some do better than others. When I play files on the computer (wired) I don't seem to have any trouble so maybe that is the root of the issue. I might have to pull a wire...

adrianwi

Guru
Anyone know if the 9.2.1 upgrade resolves the Plex plugin update?

Status
Not open for further replies.