ZFS Send Failing To Copy After First Snapshot

Status
Not open for further replies.

demob

Dabbler
I'm trying to migrate all my data from one zpool (Tank) to a new one (Ark), which are both on the same machine, via ZFS send. I've created a recursive snapshot of the whole pool Tank, and am sending it to Ark via the following command:
Code:
zfs send -Rv Tank@datamigrate-20170913 | zfs receive -Fdus Ark

This starts copying until it finishes the first dataset's snapshot at which point it errors and stops the transfer:
Code:
22:21:15   5.45T   Tank@datamigrate-20170913
internal error: Invalid argument
warning: cannot send 'Tank@datamigrate-20170913': signal received
Abort (core dumped)

Is this a bug, or have I done something wrong with my zfs send/receive flags?

Ericloewe

Server Wrangler
That's weird since it's send that's failing. What feature flags are in use on the pools? On what OS were they created? What version of FreeNAS are you using?

demob

Dabbler
That's weird since it's send that's failing. What feature flags are in use on the pools? On what OS were they created? What version of FreeNAS are you using?
I first ran into this on 9.10.U4 (or whichever 'U' release is current), but I saw that the zfs receive command had been updated with a working resume (-s) flag so have also tried the latest FreeNAS 11.1 stable release. (I couldn't work out how to use the resume command in the end though!)

I've updated the feature flags from the 11.1 release, and I'm pretty sure I've also tried destroying and recreating 'Ark' on 11.1. 'Tank' was originally created on a early 9.something version of freenas.

Status
Not open for further replies.