Weblanks out the Minimal AIO read size and the Minimal AIO write size and complains

Status
Not open for further replies.

lamarw

Cadet
I'm trying to employ the CIFS to allow for windows discovery. When I pull up the CIFS form I change the Workgroup to MSHOME and click OK without making any other changes it responds with blanking out the Minimal AIO read size and the Minimal AIO write size and complains they can't be blank. When I re-enter their default value of 1 in both it does the same thing blanks it out and complains. Actually, I don't know what the AIO value is for. Your thoughts would be appreciated.

lamarw

Cadet
I finally discovered why it was happening. I had to flip the CIFS switch in the services tab:
System Network Storage Sharing 'Services' Log Out Help Account

After that I retraced my steps and it worked fine.

My problem now is trying to edit the 'loader.conf' file to add the kmem size statements. Without doing this I'm completely at a standstill, DEAD IN THE WATER. The problem is the '/boot' is a read only directory and it seems that '/' is as well. I'm attempting to do this when I select option '9' and shelling out to the '#' prompt. So far I have not been able to 'chmod' the priv's anywhere! If you have any thoughts then I'd love to hear them, or anybodies!

Lamar

survive

Behold the Wumpus
Hi lamarw,

Just run "mount -uw /" at the prompt, that will make the / filesystem read-write. It will revert back to read-only when you reboot.

-Will

lamarw

Cadet
Okay, I finally tried to edit the loader.conig and did so successfully. However, the NAS still crashes when I try to do a big transfer from my c: to the NAS approx 700 gig. My previous installation of Freenas did not suffer from a limit like this. Is this a new bug or limitation? At any event I am DEAD IN THE WATER. If anyone else has any suggestions, I'm all ears (I think Spock said that too or was it Bones).

Status
Not open for further replies.