Virtualization Available Memory: 0.00 bytes

Status
Not open for further replies.

ravingamm

Cadet
Hello,

I've recently changed over from TrueNAS Core 12.x to TrueNAS Scale 21.08 BETA.1.
At the moment I'm loving the new build.

The TrueNAS build is a physical install with a total of 64GB RAM installed in the machine, this is confirmed with the dashboard and console memory reports.

I have been noticing an potential issue with the memory utilisation discrepancy between the front dashboard Memory display/reporting memory graph and the virtualization memory display.

On the dashboard the Free Memory is showing 15GB~ free and the reporting Memory Physical Memory utilization is also showing 15GB~ free.
However, when I go over to the virtualization menu the page displays "Available Memory: 0.00 bytes - Caution: Allocating too much memory can slow the system or prevent VMs from running". It will allow me to create new machines, but it does display an message warning about the low memory.

I have also ran the free memory command on the console which confirms the dashboard and reporting figure.

Code:
nas# free -g  -t
               total        used        free      shared  buff/cache   available
Mem:              62          45          14           0           2          15
Swap:             23           0          23
Total:            86          45          38

I'm running a total of six virtual machines.
1 - 8GB RAM - Microsoft Server 2019
2 - 4GB RAM - Microsoft Server 2019
3 - 2GB RAM - Ubuntu 18.04
4 - 1GB RAM - Ubuntu 18.04
5 - 8GB RAM - Microsoft Server 2019
6 - 4GB RAM - Ubuntu 18.04

Totalling 27GB assigned to the virtual machines.
All the virtual machines have the guest software installed, either via apt-get or the microsoft virtio 1.90 software package.

Is this as expected from the system or should the Virtualization page show the same as the Memory being reported by the system?

thanks
Gavin.

NoxiousPluK

Cadet
I have the same 'issue' here. Did either of you ever find any solution?

sretalla

Powered by Neutrality
Did either of you ever find any solution?
I don't see a lot of reports of this exact issue on the released versions (this issue was reported during the Beta). I would suggest that installing a released version would be some step toward a solution.

李仁博

Cadet
I don't see a lot of reports of this exact issue on the released versions (this issue was reported during the Beta). I would suggest that installing a released version would be some step toward a solution.
Version: TrueNAS-SCALE-22.02.2
Problem still there.

The vm was created when the version is beta。

1659592622497.png

sretalla