Video stream to TrueNAS FTP

hocus

Dabbler
Hi,

I have one problem. From IP camera via FTP sends video stream to TrueNAS, but video size are very small and video not play. Its NAS problem? Maybe need some changes in TrueNAS? In Windows FTP works normally with same camera.

TrueNAS video in ftp:
.dav_ seems incomplete to send

trueNAS.png

Windows FTP looks fine:
video.png

Thanks for help.

jgreco

Resident Grinch

You're unlikely to get any help with such a vague problem statement. You've omitted any description of what brand of camera you're discussing or how the cameras are attached or routed over the network to the NAS.

Maybe need some changes in TrueNAS?

Highly unlikely. TrueNAS uses a standard ProFTPd ftp daemon, which has been around for many years and is standards compliant.

In Windows FTP works normally with same camera.

Yes, that's not too unexpected. A lot of camera manufacturers have developed their own firmware and only test against one or two kinds of FTP servers. My opinion is that their developers are not paid enough to care about broad compatibility and I wouldn't be shocked if they don't read the RFC's. So it could easily be a case where it works with only some particular FTP daemon.

@hocus Welcome!

If your cameras support MJPEG or RTSP, you might consider installing Zoneminder plug-in or on top of a Linux VM. You just need to find your camera video feed URLs.

For mobile access, zmNinja works well with Zoneminder. I used both for many years on a DIY NVR, until I replaced it with an OEM NVR.

Last edited:

hocus

Dabbler
You're unlikely to get any help with such a vague problem statement. You've omitted any description of what brand of camera you're discussing or how the cameras are attached or routed over the network to the NAS.

Highly unlikely. TrueNAS uses a standard ProFTPd ftp daemon, which has been around for many years and is standards compliant.

Yes, that's not too unexpected. A lot of camera manufacturers have developed their own firmware and only test against one or two kinds of FTP servers. My opinion is that their developers are not paid enough to care about broad compatibility and I wouldn't be shocked if they don't read the RFC's. So it could easily be a case where it works with only some particular FTP daemon.
Solved.
Need to increase FTP clients and connection numbers on services>FTP.

jgreco

Resident Grinch
Solved.
Need to increase FTP clients and connection numbers on services>FTP.

Good job. Wouldn't have guessed that offhand. Guessing there was something in the TrueNAS logs about rejected connections?