SOLVED unable to create/mount share on second pool

Status
Not open for further replies.

Erich

Dabbler
Hi,
I need to create a share (AFP or NFS) to access a dataset in a pool other than the main FreeNAS pool tank, where all the permanent datasets and some shares reside in.
The second pool on a single disk named tmpo is for carrying large files while on the go. When back home, the disk is plugged in and imported by zpool import tmpo. On the command line everything looks fine, pool is healthy, files are accessible.

Now, when I try to create a share to access the dataset in that second pool, FreeNAS GUI won't let me do that, always spits out "The path must reside within a volume mount point", which is pretty unmeaningly, irritating: the dataset in question is inside a proper volume mount point (/mnt/tmpo/... next to /mnt/tank/...), which I can clearly see on command line. Everything is identical to the working shares on the main pool.

Details: FreeNAS-9.10.2 (a476f16)

Code:
# zpool list
NAME		   SIZE  ALLOC   FREE  EXPANDSZ   FRAG	CAP  DEDUP  HEALTH  ALTROOT
freenas-boot  7.25G  5.33G  1.92G		 -	  -	73%  1.00x  ONLINE  -
tank		  4.53T  3.34T  1.19T		 -	29%	73%  1.00x  ONLINE  /mnt
tmpo		   928G   513G   415G		 -	30%	55%  1.00x  ONLINE  -

# zfs list | grep tank/
tank														2.67T   859G   473K  /mnt/tank
tank/Backup												  721G  28.5G   721G  /mnt/tank/Backup

# zfs list | grep tmpo
tmpo														 513G   386G	96K  /mnt/tmpo
tmpo/Tempo												   513G   386G   513G  /mnt/tmpo/Tempo

What's wrong here so that shares won't be created? Thanks for any hints.

Erich

Dabbler
That did the trick. Thanks!

But it doesn't explain why. What does the GUI (and invoked scripts) do in the background to accept the share this time?

SweetAndLow

Sweet'NASty
Freenas has it's own database it uses for the GUI. When you use the cli freenas has no clue you did stuff and it doesn't work correctly. Never use the cli to modify system stuff.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.