Truenas Core to ZFS on Linux mahcine replication failing

hescominsoon

Patron
i ahve created the ssh connection and discovery of the ssh key was completed successfully. When i try to add the remote system(which is proxmox ve 7.1.1) i get a big barfage window. The last line is middlewared.service_exception.CallError: [EACCES] AuthenticationException('Authentication failed.')

trying to figure out how authentication is failing. let me post he entire output:
Error: Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/usr/local/lib/python3.9/site-packages/middlewared/main.py", line 138, in call_method
result = await self.middleware._call(message['method'], serviceobj, methodobj, params, app=self,
File "/usr/local/lib/python3.9/site-packages/middlewared/main.py", line 1213, in _call
return await methodobj(*prepared_call.args)
File "/usr/local/lib/python3.9/site-packages/middlewared/schema.py", line 975, in nf
return await f(*args, **kwargs)
File "/usr/local/lib/python3.9/site-packages/middlewared/plugins/replication.py", line 642, in list_datasets
return await self.middleware.call("zettarepl.list_datasets", transport, ssh_credentials)
File "/usr/local/lib/python3.9/site-packages/middlewared/main.py", line 1256, in call
return await self._call(
File "/usr/local/lib/python3.9/site-packages/middlewared/main.py", line 1213, in _call
return await methodobj(*prepared_call.args)
File "/usr/local/lib/python3.9/site-packages/middlewared/plugins/zettarepl.py", line 408, in list_datasets
async with self._get_zettarepl_shell(transport, ssh_credentials) as shell:
File "/usr/local/lib/python3.9/contextlib.py", line 181, in __aenter__
return await self.gen.__anext__()
File "/usr/local/lib/python3.9/site-packages/middlewared/plugins/zettarepl.py", line 661, in _get_zettarepl_shell
transport_definition = await self._define_transport(transport, ssh_credentials)
File "/usr/local/lib/python3.9/site-packages/middlewared/plugins/zettarepl.py", line 684, in _define_transport
transport_definition["active-side"] = netcat_active_side.lower()
AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'lower'

is the remote system rejecting the key? once i understand what all of this means it wil give me an idea of where to start looking..:)

hescominsoon

Patron
so i can ssh from the freenas machine to the proxmox mahcine using root..so that's ok. Still trying to figure out what is not working between the two.