TrueNAS Core 13.0-U3.1 won't boot up without monitor (HDMI, DP, etc.)

NAGL95

Dabbler
Hello everyone!

Couple a days ago I'm buid a NAS case and install TrueNAS 13.0 and faced with some issue:
1. OS won't boot up without monitor
2. OS won't boot by Wake up on LAN (with or without connected monitor).
  • Motherboard MSI H510I Pro Wi-Fi
  • CPU Intel Celeton G5905
  • RAM 4Gb*2 planks (total 8 Gb)
  • Hard drives, 1*4TiB, 2*2TiB, SSD M.2 1*256GiB
  • Hard disk controllers - Jonsbo N1
  • Realtek® 8125B 2.5Gbps LAN controller also Intel® Wi-Fi 6 AX201
What i Done before get Help on forum:
0.Updated motherboard BIOS
1. Tried to boot in CSE (as i understand LEGACY mode in MSI) - it's don't work, chandge back on UEFI mode
2. In BIOS DISABLED - USB 3.2; Wi-Fi; MSI FastBoot; HD Audio; PCI Expreess graphic card. ENABLED - Wake up On LAN, Internal graphic card
3. Unplug 3.2 USB and HD Audio on motherboard
4. Test a boot Windos with/out monitor (it's normal)
5. Tried unplug all USB devices before push power button (don't help)
6.Tried reinstall OS TrueNAS Core
7.Tried to reserch same problem's with motherbord and CPU, find one hardware solution with HDMI dongle (it's not my way, yet :) )
8.Tried to change grub.cfg.

Don't know what to do else to solve issue's, plese help, if it possible :)

jgreco

Resident Grinch
Motherboard MSI H510I Pro Wi-Fi

Many non-server mainboards will not boot without video. This is a non-server mainboard.

RAM 4Gb*2 planks (total 8 Gb)

The minimum memory requirement for TrueNAS CORE is 16GB.

Realtek® 8125B 2.5Gbps LAN controller

This isn't recommended.

Arwen

MVP
Their are fake monitor devices, used on some desktop computers that are used exclusively by remote access. Sometimes those desktops will still boot without a monitor, but they can disable the GPU without a monitor attached. That can affect remote access speed as then the CPU does all the graphics work.

Anyway, their are several companies that make such devices. Here is one with several models and different interfaces:
Probably available in Finland.

NAGL95

Dabbler
Their are fake monitor devices, used on some desktop computers that are used exclusively by remote access. Sometimes those desktops will still boot without a monitor, but they can disable the GPU without a monitor attached. That can affect remote access speed as then the CPU does all the graphics work.

Anyway, their are several companies that make such devices. Here is one with several models and different interfaces:
Probably available in Finland.
Thanks for reply, as I understand easyest way to solve this issue - buy HDMI emulator. Will try it today.

Any idea about 2nd issue with wake up on LAN?

Arwen

MVP
Sorry, no. If the HDMI emulator solved the monitor issue, you might start a new thread for the WOL issue.