TrueNAS 12.0u2 - Web UI - Connecting to TrueNAS...

Matt84

Dabbler
I upgraded from FreeNAS 11.3u5 to TrueNAS 12.0u2 on Saturday and except for my Plex plugin not working correctly (fixed that with help from the forums) I haven't had any issues.

I just tried to login to the Web UI and I get the "Connecting to TrueNAS ... Make sure the TrueNAS system is powered on and connected to the network." page and nothing else.

I then SSH into the machine and saw this on the console:

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/usr/local/sbin/hactl", line 171, in <module>
main(args.command, args.q)
File "/usr/local/sbin/hactl", line 17, in main
client = Client()
File "/usr/local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/middlewared/client/client.py", line 281, in __init__
self._ws.connect()
File "/usr/local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/middlewared/client/client.py", line 124, in connect
rv = super(WSClient, self).connect()
File "/usr/local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/ws4py/client/__init__.py", line 216, in connect
self.sock.connect(self.bind_addr)
ConnectionRefusedError: [Errno 61] Connection refused

Any ideas ?

Matt84

Dabbler
hmm even on the console, I can't choose any option; 1 to 11 all give the same error. Is the error above related to something internal for TrueNAS, not just the WebUI?

Matt84

Dabbler
here is a screenshot of what I see on the console whenever I choose an option

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    100.9 KB · Views: 672

Matt84

Dabbler
Rebooting the system caused the WebUI and Console to respond again. One thing I noticed in the WebUI is an alarm

System core files were found in /var/db/system/cores. Please create a ticket at https://jira.ixsystems.com/ and remove these files.
2021-02-15 19:41:49

The file is a 2GB python3.8.core file. I assume Python 3.8 crashed and this is the dump?

msh493

Cadet
Hi, I didn't upgrade the node. I shut it down clean from console and took it from one network to another. I keep getting "Connecting to TrueNAS ... Make sure the TrueNAS system is powered on and connected to the network." on the browser and Errno 61 on the console.

There was only one core dump from syslog-ng and I removed it, but nothing. The other odd thing is that SMB is presenting a folder I had created under a username with password. But now I can traverse the folder without username or password.

Any thoughts? I'm fairly good with UNIX / Linux but don't know the architecture of turenas. I didn't do anythong other than move it from one network to another. Both are almost exactly the same.

msh493

Cadet
My issue seems to have gone away. I logged into the console, used 'reboot' command and everything is back to normal. Odd! It is now asking me for a password when connecting to an SMB share and won't take the password.