TrueNAS 12.0-U8 doesn't boot

Tzeejay

Cadet
Hello everybody,

this is mainly meant as a kind sanity check since I was not able to find any other references to the problem I was seeing. I am assuming that the new update includes something that my old hardware simply can't support.

After upgrading from 12.0-U5.1 to 12.0-U8 I get various errors during boot like a screen filled with:

root mount waiting for: cam

or

can't allocate ccb to send ac_inq_changed

It just sits there and hangs. The first time I reverted the boot environment back to 12.0-U5.1 it booted right away and has given me no trouble. If you think that this is a software problem and 100% not related to my hardware specs then I am happy to run tests or help anybody debug this to gather more information. If it turns out that this my motherboard/CPU combination is simply too old then I'll buy something new. This was used hardware from Amazon Warehouse Deals and it been running for a long time without giving me any trouble, so as far as I am concerned this deal owes me nothing.

Here is the hardware spec (if I am missing something please let me know)

CPU: Intel Pentium G4400
Motherboard: Asus MAXIMUS VIII RANGER
RAM: random mix of 24GB DDR4-1866 (yeah I know)
TrueNAS: installed on a SanDisk cruzer USB thumb drive (yes I know, I know. It works and I am lazy)

I am using the onboard NIC and a variety of SATA drives connected through two used HBAs. This has been running like this for 2-ish years now since I last changed anything and has not given me any trouble until I tried to upgrade TrueNAS to 12.0-U8 the other day.

As I said I am open to any suggestions and if I forgot to include anything please let me know.

sretalla