SoC Kiosk/Webserver: How to manage remotely?

Status
Not open for further replies.

oguruma

Patron
My friend owns a local nightclub and he wants to set up a standalone Kiosk on a large TV to display a slider of his upcoming events.

I would like to set this up for him using something like a Pi or Asus Tinkerboard.

I need a good way to manage this remotely so I can update the slider every week without having to go to the club. The network at the nightclub consists of a cable internet connection with a basic consumer-grade router.

I would like to use Wordpress as a CMS since I have experience with Revolution Slider (a popular Wordpress slider plugin).

I think my best option would be to set up another Wordpress site just for this Revolution slider, then run the Pi/Asus in kiosk mode.

The other option would be to run the Pi/Asus as the webserver as well, which would remove the need for another site on my VPS, but I would then need a way to remotely manage it. The best I can think of to accomplish this, without having (or wanting, really) any control over his network is reverse SSH.

Any input would be greatly appreciated.

sretalla