Setting webGUI port for external access, strange issues, can only use port 80?

Status
Not open for further replies.

NAScake

Cadet
Howdy,

V 8.0.4

OK I'm not a newb when it comes to router and port forwarding, I understand it and have configured countless setups. My FreeNAS and FreeBSD experience is limited but so far I'm configuring servers using USB Flash drive, volumes, shares, user permissions, rsync and SSH, so far i'm getting it , my console experience is the weakest but anything from the console I've taken on I've figured out. I'm in the process of setting up an Rsync setup FN to FN box over public IP. So I pick an obscure WebGUI port, configure my linksys VPN RV082 router to accept both TCP and UDP and forward to my FN server. No workie, check and double check for typos, enabled check boxes, conflicting ports etc. Everything looks fine. I'm accessing the FN box locally through the port I set up with no issues. I change the FN box back to port 80 and my router to redirect and BAM, works fine. I've tried all kinds of other ports and also rebooted the FN box during the changes, no other port other than 80 is working. This router has a large number pf forwarding rules setup, RDP, IP cams, FTP, and one other web server not running on port 80. I have 2 other FN systems in my network and they are all doing the same thing, unable to any other port other than 80. I've also setup another router inside my network, a little airlink, same thing with it, only port 80. Just a note, all the FN boxes I have running are derived from one original setup installed on a 4GB USB flash drive then duplicated. Also I have set the WebGUI IP as both the IP of the box and 0.0.0.0 with the same results.

I look forward to someone making fun of me for missing something.

Thanks!

~NC

Status
Not open for further replies.