Setting up Rsync problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

David Brown

Cadet
Hi, what I want to do I am hoping is simple, but after reading and viewing lots of tutorials I don't have the answer and my brain hurts!

I have reconfigured my old PC to run as a freenas and so far have got Plex on it. I'd like to use it for backups too. I have folders I want to back up on an external drive plugged into my router and I'd like to use the freenas box to make incremental backups from that disk to a folder on the hdd inside the freenas box. I am aware there are various options to use a PC to copy files from the external drive to the drive on the freenas, but the idea is to keep it simple and have the freenas do the work on this hopefully simple task and not involve a PC.

I'm running freenas 9.2.0 and as the PC is ancient have configured the drives inside it to UFS.

I'm trying to create a task under system/services/rsync and I'm only seeing add or view rsync modules. I can create a module but that only asks for a file on the freenas hdd and can't browse outside to see the external hdd. Really not got any ideas where to go from here. Grateful for any help!

David Brown

Cadet
Or is there an alternative backup plugin I can use on the freenas? preferably GUI interfaced

Status
Not open for further replies.