safely remove slog

SamM

Dabbler
It's the opposite - I added via the GUI (and it doesn't tell you it's creating a mirror, it just does create a mirror when two devices are provided). I couldn't find any way to remove them via the GUI.

In theory, sure. That's how I tried to do it, seeing as the GUI allowed me to add the mirrored pair for SLOG. Instead, you get an error telling you that you cannot remove the disk from your pool. I found no way to do it via the GUI from the disk, pool, or pool status screens.
The biggest difference between 'Theory' and 'Practice' is that in Theory, there's no difference; but in Practice, there is...

That might be a bug. Does the old GUI allow you to remove the SLOG? Removing SLOG is 100% supported by ZFS, but it's possible that the middleware people let that slip.

As of 11/04/2019, this is still an issue. An issue that I'm now also neck-deep in. GUI let me add a mirrored SLOG, but now won't let me remove it. @HoneyBadger is graciously helping through this very issue over in thread https://www.ixsystems.com/community...-booting-and-cant-be-removed-from-pool.79966/. He mentioned opening a ticket to report this apparent bug, but I'm not sure that's happened yet.