SOLVED Running latest py38-feedparser breaks SABnzbd

Daisuke

Contributor
For people running latest /usr/local/etc/pkg/repos/FreeBSD.conf, py38-feedparser 6.0.0 breaks SABnzbd.
Code:
FreeBSD: {
  url: "pkg+http://pkg.FreeBSD.org/${ABI}/latest",
  mirror_type: "srv",
  signature_type: "fingerprints",
  fingerprints: "/usr/share/keys/pkg",
  enabled: yes
}

There is a patch released:

Can someone post this information into FreshPorts, so SABnzbd 3.0.2 gets patched? Otherwise, we are forced to run on py37-feedparser 5.2.1 and have pretty soon issues. I do not know how to open an FreshPorts package update.

Thank you for your help.

hertzsae

Contributor

Daisuke

Contributor
The good news is py38-feedparser-6.0.2_2 is already available into pkg.FreeBSD.org/${ABI}/latest. Someone needs to merge the missing 3.2.1 patch that was added into ticket. I also see 3.0.2_1,1 is on the way with a fix for py38 packages:

Switch to latest repo in your jail, to get 3.2.1:
Code:
~# iocage exec media 'cp -a /etc/pkg/FreeBSD.conf /usr/local/etc/pkg/repos/'
~# iocage exec media 'sed -ie "s|quarterly|latest|" /usr/local/etc/pkg/repos/FreeBSD.conf'

Last edited:

Daisuke

Contributor

hertzsae

Contributor
Do we know after how long the release makes it into FreshPorts, once merged into master?
If memory serves me, it takes a few days. I think there's a job that constantly compiles the latest version of stuff and it takes a while to get through the queue.
Issues like this have me impatiently waiting for Scale to mature. There's a massive advantage to being on a more popular platform when it comes to third party applications.

FrankNAS

Contributor
if you use ports then you can build and install it directly from there. I will remove my version ASAP

shellshocked

Cadet
hopefully they get 12 updated soon