Replication failed with "destination has snapshots"

seanm

Guru
I periodically physically connect a backup disk and use Tasks > Replication to run a backup. Has worked great generally.

Yesterday though I did what I usually do but it failed with:

Code:
Replication "offsite2" failed: Full ZFS replication failed to transfer snapshot tank1@OFFSITE-2022-06-22_11-51 as a whole. The error was: Warning: offsite2/tank1/zvol1: property 'sharenfs' does not apply to datasets of this type Warning: offsite2/tank1/zvol1: property 'mountpoint' does not apply to datasets of this type Warning: offsite2/tank1/zvol1: property 'sharesmb' does not apply to datasets of this type Warning: offsite2/tank1/zvol2: property 'sharenfs' does not apply to datasets of this type Warning: offsite2/tank1/zvol2: property 'mountpoint' does not apply to datasets of this type Warning: offsite2/tank1/zvol2: property 'sharesmb' does not apply to datasets of this type cannot receive new filesystem stream: destination has snapshots (eg. offsite2/tank1/zvol3@OFFSITE-2022-05-02_11-45) must destroy them to overwrite it warning: cannot send 'tank1/zvol3@OFFSITE-2022-06-22_11-51': signal received. The snapshot offsite2/tank1/.system@OFFSITE-2022-06-22_11-51 was not transferred. Please run `zfs destroy offsite2/tank1@OFFSITE-2022-06-22_11-51` on the target system and run replication again..

I ran the zfs destroy command it suggested and tried again, but it failed again with basically the same message.

Anyone know what the issue is here?

Thanks.

sretalla