"Replication failed". How to debug?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mka

Contributor
hi,

I've begun to setup a replication task.

The PUSH server has periodic snapshots, I've setup the keys and ssh connection to the PULL is working from console. The Remote volume and dataset path is reachable.

But the log simply says "Replication failed" and I don't know what to do about it futher:
Code:

Hello,

The replication failed for the local ZFS tank0/Archiv while attempting to

send snapshot auto-20160117.0000-2w to nas.remote.lan

and:
Code:
Replication tank0/Archiv -> nas.remote.lan:tank0/Remote failed: Failed: tank0/Archiv (auto-20160117.0000-2w)

Can I test the initial replication from console? Cause the error messages are not giving me ideas on how to proceed further.

thank you

Klox

Dabbler
Just in case someone else runs across this thread, I run FreeNAS on the PUSH side and Ubuntu on the PULL and was experiencing the exact same issue. It ended up that I did not have liblz4-tool installed on Ubuntu so I was getting a generic failed error. Only stumbled on this log message in /var/log/debug.log:
J
Code:
an 17 23:23:18 HomeNAS autorepl.py: [tools.autorepl:157] Replication result: /usr/bin/env: ‘lz4c’: No such file or directory

Would have been nice to see this in the FreeNAS alerts UI! Just needed to install liblz4-tool on the PULL machine.

Status
Not open for further replies.