PlexPass Server Update Failing

magicchicken

Dabbler
Hi all,

I don't know about anyone else however, I have been having major issues with Plex over the last few weeks and I'm about to give-up on plex altogether. The latest issue I am having is the manual update is failing and I cant seem to figure out why.

FreeNAS-11.3-U5

Plex Plugin
  • Version: 1.21.0.3608
  • Plugin: plexmediaserver-plexpass
  • Release: 11.3-RELEASE-p14

This is the process I follow when trying to update the plugin.

Go to shell and enter the jail using:
jexec X csh - note X is the jail number

Then:
pkg install ca_root_nss
pkg install wget
pkg install perl5

Then:
fetch -o PMS_Updater.sh https://raw.githubusercontent/luluhoc/PMS_Updater/master/PMS_UpdaterPLEXPASS.sh

Then:
chmod 755 PMS_Updater.sh

Then:
./PMS_Updater.sh -vv -a

Which returns the following error. I have no idea how to solve this.

1606380268174.png

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Attachments

• 1606380119595.png
    1606380119595.png
    7.5 KB · Views: 163
The error is saying wget is not installed. I know you said you installed it. Is there a /usr/local/bin/wget file?

magicchicken

Dabbler
Ah right, that's strange as I didnt get any errors when running pkg install wget..

Assuming you mean this directory? If so, no, there is no wget file. Is this something I can add in manually?
\iocage\jails\plex\root\usr\local\bin

Appreciate the help.

G8One2

Patron
Your problem is likely do to the fact that FreeNas is now on version 12 and the old repositories for your plex jail, are not compatible with the new release versions. You need to upgrade your plex to the current release as 11.3 is end of life. Uninstall it, and reinstall it using ports or the pkg plug in. You can also run "iocage upgrade -r 12.1-RELEASE [jailname]" to upgrade your current jail.

It's a great idea to get your jails up to date, 12.2 is the latest and greatest. The script doesn't seem to care what versions you are running in my experience though. Make sure that wget is installed inside the jail. which wget What path does it return if any? The script needs to see wget in /usr/local/bin also for the plexpass version of the script I think you must pass your Plex credentials in the script command. Use -u and -p

G8One2

Patron
Oh but it does. Older versions are not compatible with the new. It wont update until you do

magicchicken

Dabbler
It's a great idea to get your jails up to date, 12.2 is the latest and greatest. The script doesn't seem to care what versions you are running in my experience though. Make sure that wget is installed inside the jail. which wget What path does it return if any? The script needs to see wget in /usr/local/bin also for the plexpass version of the script I think you must pass your Plex credentials in the script command. Use -u and -p

Thanks for your advice on this so far. Any chance you could give me step by step instructions on how to do this via the shell? I'm not that advanced unfortunately.

SweetAndLow

Sweet'NASty
Probably not the advice you want but don't use that script. Just install it from pkg and call it a day. Updates are not usually that slow, a week at most usually. Create the port and then ports get built ever 2 days or so.

No reason anymore to upgrade the day Plex creates a release. Heck I don't even know anymore when they make an update.

magicchicken

Dabbler
Probably not the advice you want but don't use that script. Just install it from pkg and call it a day. Updates are not usually that slow, a week at most usually. Create the port and then ports get built ever 2 days or so.

No reason anymore to upgrade the day Plex creates a release. Heck I don't even know anymore when they make an update.

I feel a little silly asking however, what are the shell commands to install and update plexpass media server in a newly created jail?

Open a terminal inside the GUI jail section for your new plex jail. Then do these commands answering the questions etc,
pkg install plexmediaserver-plexpass should be all you need to install, then every so often do pkg upgrade from inside the jail cli or right from the gui.

Edit:

Then after it gets all installed do:
sysrc plexmediaserver_plexpass_enable="YES"

Then:
service plexmediaserver_plexpass start

Last edited:

magicchicken

Dabbler
Open a terminal inside the GUI jail section for your new plex jail. Then do these commands answering the questions etc,
pkg install plexmediaserver-plexpass should be all you need to install, then every so often do pkg upgrade from inside the jail cli or right from the gui.

Edit:

Then after it gets all installed do:
sysrc plexmediaserver_plexpass_enable="YES"

Then:
service plexmediaserver_plexpass start

Thank you! Really appreciate the help.