Permissions problems on rsync replicated volume

Status
Not open for further replies.

bkuhn

Cadet
I've been struggling for a while with a permissions problem on a replicated system and wondered if anyone could offer some advice.

I have a primary freenas system (FreeNAS-8.0.4-RELEASE-p3-x64 (11703)) which is working great. I have a second server which I use to periodically back up the entire volume to using an rsync job. The problem I run into constantly is that when I try and access files on the second system (I created a cifs share so I could copy a few files off to test that the backup was good). What is particularly strange is that it seems like some of the files are accessible, while other files and directories give me an access denied error.

I'm pretty sure the root of the problem is my lack of knowledge about linux file permissions. I've posted some details below, can anyone advise on the correct setup for the permissions on my second server (the one that is the backup and receiving data from the rsync job)? What I intended was to allow anonymous access to all folders so no authentication is required. This seems to work great on the primary system, just not on the replicated data.

On both systems created a guest account
1.jpg

On both systems changed volume permissions to the following
2.jpg

Rsync module on source system
3.jpg

Rsync module on destination (backup server) system
4.jpg

Cifs Configuration on destination
5.jpg
6.jpg

And finally the Cifs share settings
7.jpg

Sure do appreciate any assistance or insight here. I've struggled for a few weeks with this and have performed 3 separate full rsyncs (about 8tb each time), only to find out the config is still not correct.

Thanks in advance!
Brad

Status
Not open for further replies.