OwnCloud max. upload size > php.ini will not work

Status
Not open for further replies.

Max_War

Cadet
Hi there,

I set up a Jail in FreeNAS which is working very well so far.
When I tried to upload videos with size > 512 MB I got this "max. upload size" issue.

Then I created with NANO the following php.ini (I used the OnwCloud Shell in the FreeNAS Jail)...

jails.JPG

with the following content...
/usr/pbi/owncloud-amd64/etc/php.ini (I gues this is the one to modify)
shell_php_ini.JPG

Unfortunately the max. upload size is still 512 M in OwnCloud.

By the way this is my first UNIX, Server and FreeNAS experience!

regards
Max´s

Victor866

Dabbler
I modified the max upload file size thru ownlocud app, not modifing any config file.
You need to go to your own cloud ip, login, go to your user - administration on the upper right side of the browser window

Captura de pantalla 2015-01-10 a las 16.05.26.png .
Then you can find a section "File Administration" there you can edit the max_upload_size.
Captura de pantalla 2015-01-10 a las 16.04.04.png

Max_War

Cadet
I modified the max upload file size thru ownlocud app, not modifing any config file.
You need to go to your own cloud ip, login, go to your user - administration on the upper right side of the browser window

View attachment 6163 .
Then you can find a section "File Administration" there you can edit the max_upload_size.
View attachment 6162

Hi Victor,

Thanks for your post.
You´re talking about the assigned total upload size for each user account I guess?!
But my upload size for one file is limited to max. 513 MB!

max size 513.jpg

Nucshuco

Explorer
1.PNG

2.PNG

3.PNG

Last edited:

Max_War

Cadet
Nucshuco thanks for your screens.
I don´t know which Owncloud version you´re running but my admin panel (ownCloud 7.0.2) looks like this and I do not have the option to change the max. upload size.
As soon as I know how to update the OwnCloud running in a FreeNAS Jail... :(

scr_admin_panel.JPG

Nucshuco

Explorer
Version
ownCloud 7.0.4 (stable)
I used the updater to go to 7.0.4

1RoH

Dabbler
I updated OC from 7.0.2 to 8 and i have the same problem with max file size, i tried 4094M and 4G, i could upload files less than 1GB. More than 1GB it wont upload. Did anyone find a fix? or at least a workaround?

Nucshuco

Explorer
ownCloud 8.0 (stable)
You need to edit the .htaccess
You can find it here /usr/local/www/owncloud/.htaccess
To show File handling I had to chmod 777 /usr/local/www/owncloud/.htaccess then restart owncloud

1RoH

Dabbler
ownCloud 8.0 (stable)
You need to edit the .htaccess
You can find it here /usr/local/www/owncloud/.htaccess
To show File handling I had to chmod 777 /usr/local/www/owncloud/.htaccess then restart owncloud
Did not worked for me

ako673de

Cadet
The same on my side. No solution for 8.0 so far. Therefore absolutely useless for my application. Do you suggest to downgrade? To which version?

BTW: Web interface at least blocks file uploads larger than 513MB but when uploading via WebDAV the only hint given about the failed transfer is a zero size file and a log entry in OwnCloud saying something useless like

Exception: {"Message":"expected filesize 1292569322 got 842522624","Code":0,"Trace":"#0 \/usr\/private\/www\/owncloud\/3rdparty\/sabre\/dav\/lib\/Sabre\/DAV\/Server.php(888): OC_Connector_Sabre_File->put(Resource id #161)\n#1 [internal function]: Sabre\\DAV\\Server->httpPut('NAS_RAID\/Eigene...')\n#2 \/usr\/private\/www\/owncloud\/3rdparty\/sabre\/dav\/lib\/Sabre\/DAV\/Server.php(474): call_user_func(Array, 'NAS_RAID\/Eigene...')\n#3 \/usr\/private\/www\/owncloud\/3rdparty\/sabre\/dav\/lib\/Sabre\/DAV\/Server.php(214): Sabre\\DAV\\Server->invokeMethod('PUT', 'NAS_RAID\/Eigene...')\n#4 \/usr\/private\/www\/owncloud\/apps\/files\/appinfo\/remote.php(61): Sabre\\DAV\\Server->exec()\n#5 \/usr\/private\/www\/owncloud\/remote.php(54): require_once('\/usr\/private\/ww...')\n#6 {main}","File":"\/usr\/private\/www\/owncloud\/lib\/private\/connector\/sabre\/file.php","Line":130}

but not when the transfer fails, but when doing a refresh afterwards.

emptyBox

Dabbler
I went through this a while back, and thought to post something here as it wasn't part of DrKK's excellent tutorial but just been really busy and before when I searched for the answer, it seemed that I was the only one having the issue, so I didn't start a new post.

Every setup is different, but for myself, running lighttpd and sqlite, OC8, I needed to adjust the settings in the .user.ini file. OC will take input from numerous different sources, so you have to look though your system and discover all the places that there may be a rogue php.ini, or .ini file being loaded as was done in the OP.

Myself, I first changed the .htaccess file, though lighttpd isn't supposed to use them, I prefer to not have it in the back of my mind. Then I edited the user.ini file with vi, you can use nano or whatever. You can also change the user.ini file to a different one, and it should load the php.ini you created if you followed the tutorial. Make sure you restart your services/jail.

Anywho, after you find out where your culprit is, then you will be able to change your upload limit through the panel as noted above.

HTH

Attachments

• usr_ini1.png
    usr_ini1.png
    93.5 KB · Views: 332
Last edited:

ako673de

Cadet
Yeah, I also found that .user.ini was the solution to the limit for web page initiated uploads. With WebDAV however the error message, that (besides all the other crap) at least tells me that not all data has been transferred, still persists. A tip from another forum suggests me to tune the "client_max_body_size" parameter of nginx, but not as expected upwards, but DOWNWARDS! It says that this would force "chunked transfer mode", which is more likely not to flood cache, buffers, or the like on my (not splendidly ressource-stuffed) server. I still need to have a try on this. I will report any results...

BTW: I tried to integrate the OwnCloud storage (WebDAV) as a drive letter into Windows7 and failed on any of the 3 systems I tried. To get it working ONCE is by first trying it with "add network ressource", which fails with an error, but (only) afterwards I don't get the "folder not found" error anymore when assigning the drive letter. This is highly reproducable, and an absolute no-go because at reboot the drive letter will not be restored (because this workaround is needed everytime before re-connecting the network drive). Is this a Windows issue or also one of OwnClouds WebDAV implementation? I mean Windows has been around for a while. Did really noone notice if it is a Windows issue?

Last edited:

Andre Norbim

Cadet
Hi there,

I set up a Jail in FreeNAS which is working very well so far.
When I tried to upload videos with size > 512 MB I got this "max. upload size" issue.

Then I created with NANO the following php.ini (I used the OnwCloud Shell in the FreeNAS Jail)...

View attachment 6157
with the following content...
/usr/pbi/owncloud-amd64/etc/php.ini (I gues this is the one to modify)
View attachment 6158

Unfortunately the max. upload size is still 512 M in OwnCloud.

By the way this is my first UNIX, Server and FreeNAS experience!

regards
Max´s

Go to /usr/local/www/owncloud and edit .user.ini

upload_max_filesize=16G
post_max_size=16G
memory_limit=512M
mbstring.func_overload=0
always_populate_raw_post_data=-1

Status
Not open for further replies.