Opnsense+wiregard issues

bohaman

Cadet
Hello,

I apologize if I post in the wrong forum but I hope someone could please help point me to the right direction. Before I updated to the latest Opnsense version, I am able to access my shardrive SMB via wireguard. However, for some reason now, I cannot access/ping my Truenas server while connecting to wireguard (wireguard server is running within opnsense). I've checked my Opnsense firewall rule to make sure the traffic from wireguard are able to communicate within local network. I've tried to ping multiple devices and other servers of my local network while connecting to wiregard, everything communicate except for my Truenas server. When i turn off wireguard and connect to my local network, I can communicate with my Truenas server again. May I ask if this is something that I have to work on my Opnsense or at my Truenas end?

THank you all and I hope everyone have a happy holidays.

ChrisRJ

Wizard
Judging from the fact that an update of OpenSense triggered this issue, plus looking at the symptoms you describe, this is VERY likely an OpenSense issue and not one of TrueNAS.

pureexe

Cadet
You mess up with the firewall rule in the Opnsese.

I guess the simplest solution to fix this is to force the traffic to your NAS don't go over wireguard interface.

Go to Firewall > Rules > [LAN]
Then add a new rule

Action: Pass
Direction: In
Source: Any
Destination: Specify IP -> Fill your TrueNAS IP
Gateway: The gateway that belongs to the interface that connects to your TrueNAS. If you don't know / don't have any, just set to WAN