Opinion about my a 160TB Truenas server plan

Aliow

Cadet
What do you guys think about the hardware plan for my truenas server?

Amd Ryzen 5 5600 x1
ASRock B450-Pro4 x1
SAMSUNG ECC Memory 32GB (M393A4K40CB2-CTD) (4x32Gb)
KLEVV SSD CRAS C720 2TB x1 ( For SLOG )
TeamGroup CX2 256GB x2 (Striped/Mirror)
1STPLAYER PSU 650W 80+ Gold (PS-650AR) x1
CoolerMaster Hyper 212 x1
Exos 16TB x11
2 port 10Gig NIC Cat6a x1

btw, I have UPS by my calculations it can last for half an hour

for my use it's only for backup and direct attach for all my photos and videos to premiere pro and that's it, with my expectation it's not chopy when i slide the timeline in premiere pro

Alecmascot

Guru
I would use RaidZ2
How are the disks attached ?

Etorix

Wizard
ASRock B450-Pro4 x1
Consumer motherboards are advised against, in favour of actual server motherboards.
SAMSUNG ECC Memory 32GB (M393A4K40CB2-CTD) (4x32Gb)
As above, short of using an AsRockRack X470/X570/B550-D4U it is unlikely that ECC will actually work.
KLEVV SSD CRAS C720 2TB x1 ( For SLOG )
You have not indicated any use case for sync writes, so no SLOG. This is NOT a write cache.
TeamGroup CX2 256GB x2 (Striped/Mirror)
What for?
1STPLAYER PSU 650W 80+ Gold (PS-650AR) x1
For so many drives, 850W would be better sized.

Which NIC? TrueNAS is picky. Why Cat6a copper rather than SFP+?
And I hope you do not plan to "team" these two ports to get 20 Gb to a single client—because it won't work this way.
for my use it's only for backup and direct attach for all my photos and videos to premiere pro and that's it,
Bulk storage, so raidz2/raidz3 would be appropriate
with my expectation it's not chopy when i slide the timeline in premiere pro
…but that part may require more IOPS/random access and may not deliver the expected performance on a single vdev.

ChrisRJ

Wizard
Exos 16TB x11
That does not match the capacity you stated. You should, as already suggested, use at least double-parity, i.e. RAIDZ2. On the other hand a vdev that is 12 drives wide is stretching it. Do you really need that much storage now? If not, you could start with 8*16 TB in RAIDZ2, which would be about 90 TB net. Adding the same later would reduce the risk and double IOPS.
You will have difficulties saturating those in general. There may be exceptions when RAM cache comes into play. But overall you would need SSDs or a lot of mirror vdevs.
for my use it's only for backup and direct attach for all my photos and videos to premiere pro and that's it, with my expectation it's not chopy when i slide the timeline in premiere pro
If that means to edit videos directly off of the NAS, this will likely not work. This workload is one of the most demanding among the more common ones. Please search for other threads on video editing. You would need SSDs for that, so would local editing on your workstation be an option, with the understanding that the archive is sitting on the NAS?

For additional background I suggest you have a look at the recommended readings in my signature.