notifier: Could not parse LDAP URI(s)=ldap://in:retrying

Status
Not open for further replies.

morph

Cadet
Hi,
I just installed FreeNAS-8.2.0-RELEASE-p1-x86 (r11950) and I am trying to setup AD authentication.
I'm unable to start the Active Directory Service. I can this error: notifier: Could not parse LDAP URI(s)=ldap://in:retrying.

From what I could find this is described in this BUG report http://support.freenas.org/ticket/1536

I have the same situation that /etc/krb5.conf: has "in" for kdc and admin_server
[realms]
MYDOMAIN.COM = {
kdc = in
admin_server = in
default_domain = mydomain.com

I reinstalled several times but it's allways the same.

Does anyone know how to solve this?

Best regards.

morph

Cadet
I found out through testing that the lines
kdc = in
admin_server = in

in the /etc/krb5.conf file are caused because my domain name has a "-" in the name (like test-domain.com).
I tried connecting the same Freenas to another domain with no "-" in the name and everything worked fine.

So does someone have an idea how to work around this issue?

resc07

Cadet
Sorry to dig out this old thread, but is this issue resolved for the 8.2 release?
I'm not able to join our AD currently which renders the whole system pretty much useless.

From the log:
Code:
Oct  2 08:59:28 host notifier: Could not parse LDAP URI(s)=ldap://in:retrying (5)
Oct  2 08:59:29 host last message repeated 2 times
Oct  2 08:59:29 host notifier: kinit: krb5_get_init_creds: unable to reach any KDC in realm DOMAIN.LOCAL
Oct  2 08:59:41 host notifier: Could not parse LDAP URI(s)=ldap://in:retrying (5)
Oct  2 08:59:41 host notifier: No realm set, are we joined ?
Oct  2 08:59:41 host notifier: winbindd not running? (check /var/run/samba/winbindd.pid).
Oct  2 09:01:21 host  notifier: Could not parse LDAP URI(s)=ldap://in:retrying (5)
Oct  2 09:01:22 host  last message repeated 2 times
Oct  2 09:01:22 host notifier: kinit: krb5_get_init_creds: unable to reach any KDC in realm DOMAIN.LOCAL
Oct  2 09:01:34 host notifier: Could not parse LDAP URI(s)=ldap://in:retrying (5)
Oct  2 09:01:34 host notifier: No realm set, are we joined ?
Oct  2 09:01:34 host notifier: winbindd not running? (check /var/run/samba/winbindd.pid).

William Grzybowski

Wizard
iXsystems
Yes, this specific issue should have been fixed in 8.3 BETA3. Give it a try and report back please.

resc07

Cadet
Well, I do not feel to well by installing a beta version to my productive server :/
Is there a way to just update the AD part?

resc07

Cadet
OK, thank you, so I will wait for the 8.3 Release then.
Is there any timeframe for that?

William Grzybowski

Wizard
iXsystems
A couple weeks.

But I suggest you to give it a try in BETA3, for testing purposes, using another USB flash drive, if you find any other bug it can be resolved in time for RELEASE.

Status
Not open for further replies.