not showing volume healthy if disk has uncorrectable errors

Status
Not open for further replies.

ikke

Contributor
Hi,

I've had one disk in the system failing for long (WD Green, naturally). It has no valuable data, and I'll remove it once I get my hands on the box. But I find the GUI a bit misleading. Blinking light alerts of ada2 having uncorrectable blocks and all the usual, but still while looking at volumes all volumes are healthy.

I'd rather see the possibly affected volumes slightly hilighted in reddish or some visual sign that they are not really healthy, but in great danger to disappear from earth.

Now the volume display gives faulty illusion that everything is fine, when it really is not. I understand FN10 will have new UI, so no point doing it to FN9 any more. Rather a suggestion for the new UI.

Thanks,

ikke

Bidule0hm

Server Electronics Sorcerer
That's normal, the volume is healthy, the drive isn't. They are two different things.

Mirfster

Doesn't know what he's talking about
I'd rather see the possibly affected volumes slightly hilighted in reddish or some visual sign that they are not really healthy, but in great danger to disappear from earth.
I guess that would depend on the vdev? If RaidZ3, then one drive down is not so bad. RaidZ2, it would not be great but not catastrophic. RaidZ1, well now your looking at some severe pain coming your way. Striped, well you are screwed... ;)

ikke

Contributor
yep, this is single disk, no raid what so ever.

Sent from my SHIELD Tablet K1 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.