NFS no_root_squash

Fab Sidoli

Contributor
Dear All,

I want to be able to NFS mount a share from my FreeNAS box on a linux client as root and have full access to the user data in order to do migration.

How do you temporarily export on the FreeNAS box with the no_root_squash option?

Thanks,
Fab

Fab Sidoli

Contributor
OK. So I've just discovered the maproot option but a mount on the client still gives me permission denied when trying to access user data.

cat /etc/exports on the freenas box show the following, which I believe should be equivalent to no_root_squash.

/mnt/store/home -maproot="root":"wheel" -network XXX.YYY.ZZZ.0/24
/mnt/store/home -maproot="root":"wheel" XXX.YYY.ZZZ.#

Fab Sidoli

Contributor
Trying to skin this another way by mounting the NFS exported share of the source file server onto my FreeNAS box so I can rsync the data over.

[tcp] hostname.fqdn:/mountpoint: Permission denied

when trying an NFS mount onto the FreeNAS box using the following command

mount -t nfs hostname.fqdn:/mountpoint /mnt/local_mountpoint

I am about to mount like this on another client device so I know the export on the source works.

I could really appreciate some help here. I apologies for the lack of information given but the GUI doesn't seem to offer much in the way of configuring this AFAICT.

Fab Sidoli

Contributor
Does anyone at least know how to set debug logs? I can't figure out what is going on as there is nothing useful in the logs.

I need this to work somewhat urgently.