New Install SSH Error.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jakenaked

Cadet
Heyo,

I have a pretty much fresh install of FreeNAS running, the only thing I have done is set up some pools/datasets and CIFS shares. I also just installed a jail for Transmission. I am planning on setting up OpenVPM / ipfw in the jail and thought using SSH would be much faster than the built in web GUI terminal.

When trying to enable SSH in the services tab I get an error saying "The service could not be started." The console shows the following output:

Sep 4 05:30:21 freenas notifier: Performing sanity check on sshd configuration.
Sep 4 05:30:21 freenas notifier: Shared object "libgssapi_krb5.so.10" not found, required by "sshd"
Sep 4 05:30:21 freenas root: /etc/rc.d/sshd: WARNING: failed precmd routine for sshd
Sep 4 05:30:21 freenas notifier: /etc/rc.d/sshd: WARNING: failed precmd routine for sshd

I tried adding sshd_enable="YES" to rc.conf without results. Trying to start the service manually gives the same error:

Shared object "libgssapi_krb5.so.10" not found, required by "sshd"

To the best of my knowledge, I haven't done anything that would cause issues with that lib.

Is there a simple way to rebuild or reinstall SSH or just some way of checking for and fixing the broken dependencies? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks! :D

D

dlavigne

Please create a bug report at bugs.freenas.org and post the issue number here. Include your FreeNAS version in the bug report.

Jakenaked

Cadet
You got it, the bug is #6006. The version I am using is FreeNAS-9.2.1.6-RELEASE-x64.

It is a normal AMD motherboard with an AMD A4-5300 APU. 8GB RAM, nothing too out of the ordinary.

From what I understand SSH is just a default part of BSD. Please forgive my ignorance of BSD - is it not just possible to use pkg or something like that to reinstall the lib files that are missing?

Thanks again. :)

D

dlavigne

Not without recompiling FreeNAS itself. Let's see what the dev says about the ticket.

Status
Not open for further replies.