Dabbler
My FreeNAS setup:
MB: SuperMicro X10SDV-2C-7TP4F
CPU: embeded Pentium/Xeon D-1508
RAM: 2x16GB ECC DDR4
Boot pool: 2x16GB SuperMicro SATADOM
HDD: 6 x 3TB WD RED + 2 x 480 GB Intel S3610
Pool setup: RAID Z2 for HDD and Mirror for SSD

I have mirrored SSD drives as a pool for iSCSI VM storage. This storage contain around 8 VM images and frankly speaking it's not super loaded pool. But, i'm running out of space. I'm passed 50% capacity and there in some rare cases VM storage migration is complaining about low disk space for temp files.
I decided to add another pair of SSD as a new VDEV. I would like to get Intel S3610 800GB.

Now 2 questions:
1. Do you still recommend to get enterprise SSDs rather than consumer grade?
2. Main question: How does ZFS handles such pool? It will have 480+800GB size. My view on this is that files will be resilvered and spread across both pairs. Or Will they be stored in some proportion of the sizes of the VDEVs?
And then, when there is more files how ZFS will handle split? Will it populate the space in same proportion as size of the VDEVs or split 1:1 by end of capacity for smaller VDEV and then will bigger VDEV on top?

sretalla