Mirrored boot-pool degraded. Can you replace failed disk from GUI?

jjstecchino

Contributor
Running TrueNAS Scale nightly (TrueNAS-SCALE-21.05-MASTER-20210531-152920).

I have a failed disk on my mirrored boot-pool that I need to replace. TrueNAS core, if I remember correctly, had options to offline/replace disks on the boot pool status page.
I can display the status of the boot pool on TrueNAS scale under system/boot/actions/boot pool status, but there is no options to offline/replace a disk. Am I looking in the wrong place? If this feature has not been implemented yet, is there a way to do it from the shell?

Thanks

sretalla

Powered by Neutrality
Am I looking in the wrong place? If this feature has not been implemented yet, is there a way to do it from the shell?
Right place, not yet implemented.

You can do it with a little complication from the shell... this thread will give you most of the needed information:

you may need to do a zpool replace on the existing broken disk or you could do a zpool detach on it, then a zpool attach to the working one.

morganL

Captain Morgan
Administrator
iXsystems
THis should be improved in the 21.06 Nighlies and will be part of 21.06 - which is planned for next week.

jjstecchino

Contributor
THis should be improved in the 21.06 Nighlies and will be part of 21.06 - which is planned for next week.

What a poor timing for my disk to fail...

I guess I could save the config and try to go one more week... or
reinstall from scratch on two new disks and reimport the config...

Right place, not yet implemented.

You can do it with a little complication from the shell... this thread will give you most of the needed information:

you may need to do a zpool replace on the existing broken disk or you could do a zpool detach on it, then a zpool attach to the working one.

Thanks for the reply.

This is the boot pool, so I will have to reconstruct the grub, boot, swap and finally zfs partitions.

I think I am just going to reinstall and restore the configuration