Migration from SSD to HDD

Herr_Merlin

Patron
Hi all,

anything I need to take special care for this task?

I've a System with 8x 2TB Samsung 840 Pro SSDs running as Z1 pool. This is mainly used for data storage. IO wasted.
I would like to replace all those Samsung EVOs with 4 TB SAS 7.2k HDDs.

There are two options:
  1. The easy way: replace disk by disk
  2. Migrate data and create a new pool
If I go with option 1, could this lead to issues due to the different speeds of the disks?
If I go with option 2 I could do even more fancy stuff, like use 5x6TB disk and keep 3x 2TB Samsung 840 SSDs for meta data in a 3 way mirror..
Or I could by two more 10TB SAS 7.2k disk and go with just 4x10TB disk in mirrors with 2x 2TB Samsung 840 for meta data and add two STEC ZeusRAM for SLOG..
Or go with more disk as it would mean more storage and add 2x RMS-200 for slog.. because.. well I can I assume?

Pool is used for SMB share for Plex and as datastore for nextcloud (about 3TB with lots of small files).
No VMS on that pool. For those I've got a pool out of 6x 1TB NVMe in 3 mirrors.

sretalla